opinions on my design please

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Huskey Garry

Post by Huskey Garry »

this is the before and after of what i wish to do to my as lowrider
well as near as poss hopefully lol let me know ......
before....

after....

life is what you make of it ....well it also massively depends on the materials used!!! lol
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

As the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The resale value may drop. As it would be a case of love it or hate it. Right now its your bike to do as you wish, if it feels good do it.
If it were an old bike it would be considered a crime. Original showroom condition a must or totaly original unrestored. Don't throw any original parts away.
Back in my teens. an old bike, usualy a prewar one, had to be striped of orignal mudguards, and replaced with alloy guards.
The old sprung saddles and bum pad replaced with a dual seat. Paint the tank any colour except black. Yes in those days we wanted our bikes to look good ( in our eyes at the time )
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

If you're intending to pay someone to strip the bike, spray it well and rebuild it you're probably looking (at a rough guess) at between 300 and 600 squids depending upon where you get it done, and it'll look just like lots of others on t' road.
If you're intending to do it yourself and it's what you want and you have the design experience, skills, workshop, equipment and time to pimp yer ride like that don't wait for for others' opinions, just do it!
I'd put the money towards a 350.
Or on the latest Stannah Turbo chairlift so that I can get upstairs before forgetting what I went up there for.
(or some awesome tattoos)
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

You've got some pretty impressive PhotoShop skills there judging by the 'before and after' photos above!

Doubt you'll find much appreciation for the sort of design you're proposing on this forum though as it's mainly old codgers with more vintage tastes when it comes to their chosen rides. But if that what 'floats your boat' then go for it! Especially if you're planning to do the work yourself. If you manage to achieve something that looks anything like you're intended design then post a photo or two when you're done. You'll hopefully get more appreciation for your artistic skills and workmanship than you will for your taste!

Now if you were proposing to do this to a proper old AMC machine I'm sure you'd generate much more interest (i.e. abuse) from the assembled crowd here.

Out of interest, what oil do you recommend for it?

Good luck with your project anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
Janet

Post by Janet »

Don't put the pointy bit on your pillion backrest. It may seem high up but a shunt at the rear could bounce your passenger onto the spike.

Post by 1608 »

Interesting to note just how many responses there are on 'The modern AJS' Forum from the classic owners !!
This subject also smacks a little of a 'wind-up' to me. but I have been known to be wrong, once.
itma

Post by itma »

tick tock dave tick tock
en7jos

Post by en7jos »

Tick tock, tick tock? Are you doing your talking clock impression again Ken?
My Matchless G3LS website is here - http://www.matchlessclueless.com
Tony W

Post by Tony W »

Janet that pointy bit according to the nut case snr in occ,is a cissy or is it sissy bar.

From an old Fogey!!

Keep safe on the roads

Tony w

bigwol

Post by bigwol »

I thought "sissy bars" were grab rails Tony?
It's all just riding motorbikes