REGAL RAPTOR

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
therealbiggles

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by therealbiggles »

quote:
My unease is that when you do visit the website of ajsmotorcycles.co.uk you are immediately presented with the centennial anniversary of the AJS and given a link to its owners Club i.e. us. All this based upon Fluff Brown paying someone some money I assume to buy a name.

Its missleading to those who maybe about to purchase a modern AJS, prentending there is a long history behind the bikes they maybe buying and also suggesting that AJS&MOC are the owners club for the bikes they are looking at, this is in my mind misrepresentation and The Club must tell us what the official view is, so that we know what approach to use. Being rude is just being rude, but if we can say politely that the AJS&MOC is not the owners club for the newer imported bikes we know where we stand.

Without this guidance its likely that more and more members may become annoyed and decide either not to contribute anymore to this forum or leave The Club completely.Edited by - Eric on 23 Jun 2010 11:37:01 PM
therealbiggles

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by therealbiggles »

i agree i just joined thinking it was a regal raptor owners club as i need spares for it ,looking through i assumed i bought into a long tradition of ajs bikes,
but just old bikes although outstandingly beutifull,just not what i was looking for guys
G15 Roy

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by G15 Roy »

Hi Darrin

You would be most welcome to vist us any club night at North Weald Air field.
Roy
alanjennings

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by alanjennings »

I've read all 6 pages on this topic!! It has certainly caused more than a ripple in our small pond! As you all now, I ride a motley collection of bikes-sorry, motorcycles-a V---t with pram, 3 morinis, one elderly B.S.A. one model 20, 0ne new chinese A.J.S.[but not that custom thingy] and they all have their good and bad points! Sometimes one make clubs can be somewhat "anal", if it has 2 or 3 wheels let us be generous to fellow riders, there is enough strife in the world already!!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
SPRIDDLER

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Absolutely Alan; as our section members 'mature' they appreciate the benefit of sufficient power from a light'ish bike, efficient brakes, good lights and leccy start, plus an (inter)national parts and service network for most which may enable them to keep on riding.
Already, 'fit' AMC owning members come on the runs on their modern bikes and are most welcome, so they are.Edited by - SPRIDDLER on 06 Mar 2011 8:30:53 PM
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Canute

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by Canute »

Why not rename the club - Classic AJS&Matchless Owners Club ? That might conceivably deter the "Chinky" AJS bikes/owners.
itma

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by itma »

everything 3 years old these days is a classic."

How about the "Only Made in England AJS Matchless Owners Club"?
or the
"You might be about to take over the world with your crap old tat but you can stuff your old crap up your Jacksy it'll never be a proper AJS owners club"?

(Just in case no one takes the bait on what is evidently a dull evening response)
Malleon

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by Malleon »

Would that be an attempt to stem the tide ?
SPRIDDLER

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
Why not rename the club - Classic AJS&Matchless Owners Club ? That might conceivably deter the "Chinky" AJS bikes/owners.

Yep, that'll show 'em!
What's more, in 10 years' time the remaining 50 AMC dedicated riders will be able to meet annually to discuss dripping chaincases without any annoying kids on forrin bikes enjoying themselves.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Merlin

REGAL RAPTOR

Post by Merlin »

Few more years down the road we could all meet in a telephone box or was that the liberal party.
Chemists do it with test tubes