Petrol Tank

Information relating to the Matchless G11 or AJS Model 30 600cc twin
freddie 136

Petrol Tank

Post by freddie 136 »

Hello again,I am after some help once again,this time with my Petrol Tank,[There is a picture of my bike with said Tank ] in the Road going section [page 3] Marked as G11 1958. The tank is a small 2 gallon'ish trials type with the alloy flip over style cap.The problem is that it leaks and i cant seem to fix it,as it seems to leak between the tank and cap or the joint where the cap fits over the tank flange. Doe's any one know please what should be used to stick / cement the cap to the tank that is petrol resistant,thanks in advance,cheers FredEdited by - freddie 136 on 30 May 2008 8:06:35 PM
lawrence

Petrol Tank

Post by lawrence »

A piece of thin cork cut to size is usually the best thing. Jampot Spares sell sheets of it.
freddie 136

Petrol Tank

Post by freddie 136 »

Hi Lawrence,thanks for your reply, but i don't think i made a very clear discription of my problem,it is not the cap as it closes on to the tank that's the problem it's the cap assembly as a whole that fits over the tank flange where the leak is, it sort of pushs over the tank neck to secure it but it does not make a tight seal and looks as if it should have some sort of liquid filler to make the sealtight,hope i have made my self a little clearer this time cheers Fred.
lawrence

Petrol Tank

Post by lawrence »

Automotive silicon sealant should sort this out. Any car shop sells it and so does Jampot Spares. Make sure the one you buy is petrol resistant.
freddie 136

Petrol Tank

Post by freddie 136 »

Thanks Lawrence, i have sent them an email,cheers Fred