Youngsters hello and HELP!!

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Paul your bike is lovely,it looks very original, those tank badges are worth a fortune ,hope we all get to see it and you at the rallys this year.
The piston ring King
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Thanks for the comments. All seems well with it at the moment. After a brief glitch with the points and corroded battery wire, she starts and runs well. I think a carb strip will be needed and then its just a case of some tlc and getting hold of some original bolts etc as a few seem to have been replaced over time with modern ones. It does however seem to spit a little oil out of the exhaust? any comments?
P.G.Richardson
paul knapp

Post by paul knapp »

The oil in the exhaust will cease after a good ride!...generally caused by a little build up of oil in the sump through standing around, not being used...

Paul.
___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Ta Paul. Just got my insurance sorted and have gone with Carol Nash. They do now require photos of the bike so that they can value it from the evidence, ( not before them asking my opinion though!!!!!) Going off on one for a second, My stead does not have a key ignition. Is it common place to fit one and if so, any advise regarding position etc...
P.G.Richardson
Biscuit
Deceased

Post by Biscuit »

No key! No, No, and thrice NO

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

That'll be a no then?
P.G.Richardson
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

cheers Biscuit. Just spoke to amc and they sell a pattern single seat for cheep money. I asked for feedback on the ones he has sold in the past and he states all is fine. I do suspect that this will be another india item though..Has anyone on the site had any experience? (in seats that is)
P.G.Richardson
Rick.Edwards
Deceased

Post by Rick.Edwards »

Paul the repro ones are fine,i have one and an original,and there both good ,its whether you want a flashy new seat or one with the same patina as your lovely Matchbox
The piston ring King