Alloy Chain Cases on a 52 G9?

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
Circlip

Post by Circlip »

Yeah ---and what about those iridium spark plugs?

Personally I try to keep my bike original. Does anyone know where I can get a bottle of 1962 air for the tyres?
paul knapp

Post by paul knapp »

Hey Circlip...
I would have thought that you wouldn't need any more air for those 45 year old tires...

...surely they are hard enough to stay up by themselves!!!..

___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

jonhal

Post by jonhal »

You can insult me all you like, but of course its easy to insult my Wife over a forum rather than face to face.
quote:
quote:
So does that 'wrongly equipped' include not fitting electronic ignition, not converting to 12 volt, not using modern tyres?
Relax dears its only a commercial.
Some of you need to get out more.

People that do those three things and also fit indicators, japanese switch gear and wiring, hydraulic brakes, oil filters, home-made carriers, blue LEDs, extra breathers, wrong paint jobs and other non-original items should be punished severely. Ideally they should be bent over a chair and soundly thrashed by someone wearing tight leather gear.

I am available most days to have this done to me (but would prefer you sent your wife round to carry the punishment out )
paul knapp

Post by paul knapp »

quote: getting the goat

.... strewth!!!..
...and there I am still tryin' to work out who has the goat!!!

___“As a hobby for the technically minded, motorcycling provides great scope.”

J.B.Nicholson

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

itma

Post by itma »

nanny has the goat, ask BillyEdited by - itma on 20 Aug 2007 1:21:19 PM
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

I believe these cases come from Italy. There was one on ebay last week that’s coming home to Essex very soon. If you want one get in touch and will see what we can do.
Roy
poplargreg

Post by poplargreg »

quote:
I don't care what he does to the bike, he coined and used the phrase 'wrongly painted'. Neither Alan Jennings nor Tony Garwood used the phrase, so it is solely attributable to the 'Toys out of the pram merchant' My point being that he criticised the non standard paint job but was preparing to go non standard himself.

This is hair-splitting of the first order, he actually used the expression "(On a wrongly painted G80!!??)" referring to the original in Jampot "surely not a standard colour". Can't see much difference in the two + he wasn't criticising the colour himself, hence the addition of the !!??

It might seem unimportant, but members will become reluctant to ask questions if they are likely to be castigated on trivial details. I recently asked what I thought was an innocuous enough question because I was interested to hear other people's views on the subject, whereupon I was told I am "contentious" "childish" "needing to get a life" and finally was at the end of a tirade which suggested (without a scrap of evidence) that I was party to the swindling of a pensioner out of the ownership of his Vincent! My only crime was to ask if anyone had opinions on the likehood of which motorcycles would be the most likely to increase in value in the future.

Apart from putting people off voicing their opinions, it's not only members and visitors who can read these comments, but they will often be thrown up after a Google search.

I'm as thick skinned as anyone, but can't see the point of continual spite, carping and nit-picking - unless it's in regard to poor spelling and grammar of course!
biker marc

Post by biker marc »

In reply to Biscuit, if he bothered to read my original post he will see "Wrongly painted!!??" indicating neither approval nor disapproval of the actual bike shown but more a question as to what all the fuss was about, it seems irony is lost here in GB as well as America.

In a later post I quoted the original letter title "Colour prejudice" - now who is the touchy toys out of pram merchant. I did NOT in any way criticise non original mods - only highlighted the original letter in context.

Thank God I do not go to any club meetings, the smell of bitter old rivet counters would be overpowering.

Many thanks to those who gave sensible and worthwhile replies, looks like a non starter so I will have to find some other way of pissing people off, not difficult by the looks of it!!

TTFN
Circlip

Post by Circlip »

(My only crime was to ask if anyone had opinions on the likeyhood of which motorcycles would be the most likely to increase in value in the future. )quote

Someones on the wrong topic.

This topic is about "alloy chain cases on a 52 G2"

I think you started the topic about investments. Did'nt you?
Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Think I will buy a frock then I can be a real tart
Chemists do it with test tubes