M6 paperwork / technical details

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
M1ke

M6 paperwork / technical details

Post by M1ke »

Hi everyone! I'm Michael from Germany and I recently acquired a 1929 Model 6 with 350 cc which had been restored in the 80s/90s and sitting since, but now I got her reactivated. The bike came without any paperwork and I would like to get it registered. The process in Germany is to get a full roadworthy check including paperwork being issued and they usually ask for any existing paperwork as a guide line. Any M6 paperwork that gives some details about horsepower, max speed, running noise, rim and tyre sizes, tare etc. would be very helpful in the process, regardless of the country of registration as long as it has some of these details.

Would anyone with the same model bike be willing to help out by providing a copy of part of their paperwork?

Here's a photo: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xbfg7vrc ... c7g2a&dl=0

I haven't gotten around how this forum works fully, if it is necessary to be a subscriber in order to access such information I'd definitely look into it.

Much appreciated,

Michael
Duncan

Re: M6 paperwork / technical details

Post by Duncan »

Hi Michael, I would start by looking on Christian's Archive initially for pre-war information: http://archives.jampot.dk/
M1ke

Re: M6 paperwork / technical details

Post by M1ke »

Cheers Duncan. Interesting reads. Based on these books I found the following information on the M6:

displacement: 349 cc
weight: 273 lb
top speed: 65 mph = 104,6 kph
power: 3,49 hp = 2,60 kW

I'd still need more info on:
- payload
- tyre sizes
- rpm for nominal power
- standing noise and driving noise
- overall dimensions.

If anyone has any more info that would be appreciated.