North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 3rd August

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 3rd August

Post by nomisimon »

Hi folks

It’s August in a couple of days, so here’s a reminder for your diary about our next club night, which is this Thursday, the 3rd August at 7pm in the snug at the Robin Hood Inn.

It’s been a rather wet and miserable month weather-wise since we last met, but I’ve managed a few trips out on a bike during dry days.

The forecast for the week is yet more rain as the jet stream is running more or less across the centre of the UK…el Niño has a great deal to answer for. Here’s a bit of info, in case you’re interested: https://public.wmo.int/en/media/press-r ... -ni%C3%B1o

When I call the Robin Hood to confirm we will be there as usual, I’ll ask about parking for amphibious vehicles as we may need it…Ken will be there on his ‘other bike’ as usual ;)

I believe both Sean and Geordie are back on the road, Mike still has a couple of issues to solve and I’m waiting for parts for a couple of bikes. After months of waiting, my shed should be up by the end of August; I’ll then have room for a bike table in the garage as I have an ‘oily rag’ rebuild to get on with.

See you all on Thursday.

Simon
Thank God for Southby
nomisimon

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 3rd August

Post by nomisimon »

Once again we had a great turnout for the August Club Night…and once again the weather was foul so four-wheeled transport was the order of the day. A few of our regulars were missing due to school holidays and family commitments. I managed to sneak into the photo for this month.

Some of us have managed to get out on our bikes during brief dry spells, but we’re hoping for a bit of an Indian Summer in September.

Our club night took a spooky twist after it turns out a load of cameras have been placed around the Robin Hood Inn to try and capture some of the reported ‘unexplained phenomena’ that happen on a regular basis. The Robin Hood Inn is located on the Military Road which runs along Hadrian’s Wall. It was built in 1752, and some of the stone almost certainly came from the wall. Ghostly Roman soldiers and other strange things have been seen along the wall, and it seems that the cameras have caught an ‘orb’ at around 3am one morning. I’ve included a still of the orb, which is at the tip of the white chevron arrow. In the video, the light coloured ‘orb’ can be seen moving around randomly over the wall, with a reflection in one of the paintings. It is claimed that these ‘orbs’ are spirits...and a pub is the right place to find those.

The two photos mentioned will hopefully make it into Jampot, but they're also on our Facebook page.

Our next meeting is on the 7th September at 7pm…at the Robin Hood.

Regards

Simon Robinson
Thank God for Southby