Petrol tap question

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
SPRIDDLER

Re: Petrol tap question

Post by SPRIDDLER »

I use this sort of plastic one (there are lots of suppliers for less than 3 quid) in the main pipe to the carb banjo. The beauty of it (unlike a filter on the tank tap) is that you can see immediately when it's collecting muck and easy to clean/replace without draining the tank.
Snip.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

There was one on it when I got it like that but it’s solid white colour, was looking for clear one then saw shiny glass one, the idea is great but it’s not made in England!
I wish I’d got enough room for a carb spacer like that
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

Groily wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:38 pm I like your copper tubing - as long as there's enough flex in the 'coil' to prevent the sort of fracture some people say can happen? (I cheat and use modern rubber - yup, even with unsuitable markings on it shouting 'Not Period'. Don't care, it's ethanol proof and easy to get in modern bike emporia)
That's all the pipe I had or it might have had another coil, and I cant bring myself to make it fully rigid, so have gone for short bit of rubber tube under the tank linking both sides together and then rubber either side of filter to carb. Also I've changed banjo from Dual to a Single pipe one for room around tickler!

That also makes sense with the side stand, mine has a good lean on it too! thanks Malcom.

Well one tap is perfect, the other leaks down through the pipe not externally, even with the nut so tight until I cant operate the lever. Tried all sorts to make it seal, managed to get it better but still not 100%. Got a replacement coming fingers crossed.