G12 CSR Front Mudguard Stay Bracket

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Duzmo

G12 CSR Front Mudguard Stay Bracket

Post by Duzmo »

Would anyone be able to tell me the dimensions of the front mudguard stay bracket (the plate between the stay and the mudguard) and the diameter of the stay please?
thanks Nick
Columbo John

Re: G12 CSR Front Mudguard Stay Bracket

Post by Columbo John »

Do you mean the 'U' shaped bracket that goes over the mudguard or the plate that goes underneath it?
Duzmo

Post by Duzmo »

No the small bracket about 2" long with two holes, two on each stay loop, if that makes sense? I can't see how to add a photo.
Thanks
Last edited by Duzmo on Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
robcurrie

Post by robcurrie »

Nick,
I have attached a picture of the front end of my AJS 31 CSR, your G12 should be identical. The bracket fits inside the ally mudguard. Which dimensions do you need or do you need to manufacture a new bracket?

Rob C
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
clive

Post by clive »

Duzmo wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:22 am No the small bracket about 2" long with two holes, two on each stay loop, if that makes sense? I can't see how to add a photo.
Thanks
Duzmo as a guest you can only post a picture in a hosting site and post a link. I think the brackets you are talking about are the two on the stays which allow them to be bolted to the mudguard rather than the bracket between two fork legs. I would measure mine but they are sure to be repro items and in any case are different between my bikes, looking at the photo posted above you could make an estimate as to what length looks right.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
Columbo John

Post by Columbo John »

Duzmo wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:22 am No the small bracket about 2" long with two holes, two on each stay loop, if that makes sense? I can't see how to add a photo.
Thanks
You mean the four brackets, 2 front, 2 rear that are welded to the front and rear mudguard stays? I will have a measure for you.
Columbo John

Post by Columbo John »

robcurrie wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:37 am Nick,
I have attached a picture of the front end of my AJS 31 CSR, your G12 should be identical. The bracket fits inside the ally mudguard. Which dimensions do you need or do you need to manufacture a new bracket?

Rob C
My 'U' shaped bracket goes over the mudguard and there is a smaller washer plate that sits beneath it.
Columbo John

Post by Columbo John »

Duzmo wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:17 pm Would anyone be able to tell me the dimensions of the front mudguard stay bracket (the plate between the stay and the mudguard) and the diameter of the stay please?
thanks Nick
Hi Nick,

The mudguards stays are 7/16" dia tubing.

The small brackets welded to these stays are 2" long x 5/8" wide. there are two clearance holes for 2BA bolts and these are on 1 3/8" centres. Note that the ends are not full rads. My radius gauges don't go large enough to tell you what the actual radius is however.

Hoe this helps, John.

p.s. I think my mudguard stays are original so I'm fairly certain I've given you accurate information. :beer:
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Columbo John wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:21 am
robcurrie wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:37 am Nick,

Rob C
My 'U' shaped bracket goes over the mudguard and there is a smaller washer plate that sits beneath it.
That is the correct set up, my old but worn out original with the riveted steel plates had the main bracket over the outside and a smaller shaped strengthening plate on the under side.

Best get busy swapping yours over Rob. :D
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Your forks look wrong with square bottom caps and early top nuts.
Roy