Silencer

Information related to the Harris Matchless (also known as Devon Matchless)
colinsnowden

Silencer

Post by colinsnowden »

Morning All, my 1989 Harris has the original silencer and I'm keen to preserve it. The question is what to replace it with when it's cleaned, wrapped and stowed. Now the bike deserves something with a nice crisp bark so I'm asking what other owners have.
Cheers Colin
dave16mct

Re: Silencer

Post by dave16mct »

One of our North West members had one and fitted a short reverse cone megga which sounded awful! Interestingly he had fitted an MT350 engine with electric start. I met the next owner of the bike and he said he was going to try a Goldie silencer which I think would suit it best. I've also seen a silencer off a G3LS fitted which looked good.
Dave.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

What size is the pipe Colin?
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

Two replies, sorry for the delays.
Spookefoot, I had a quick measure up last night before going to the Orford bike night. Looked like 1 1/2" got an idea in mind?
Dave, I had a goldie in mind as well, something without much baffling so it could breathe and bark. You have to give them a chance to talk, don't you? I'll look up the GL3S one, a matchless one would be appropriate.
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

dave16mct wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:51 am One of our North West members had one and fitted a short reverse cone megga which sounded awful! Interestingly he had fitted an MT350 engine with electric start. I met the next owner of the bike and he said he was going to try a Goldie silencer which I think would suit it best. I've also seen a silencer off a G3LS fitted which looked good.
Dave.
Hiya Dave, have replied

Colin
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

Hiya Dave have replied
Colin
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

spookefoote1956 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:38 am What size is the pipe Colin?

Hiya Sppokfoote, have replied

Colin
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

Sorry Colin for the delay. It was my wife's birthday yesterday. Looking at Armours there are loads of 1.5" "loud enhancers" that would look great including Goldie type. One of the fellas in our VMCC section has one on his. Looks and sounds great.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

Image[/img]
spookefoote1956 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:01 am Sorry Colin for the delay. It was my wife's birthday yesterday. Looking at Armours there are loads of 1.5" "loud enhancers" that would look great including Goldie type. One of the fellas in our VMCC section has one on his. Looks and sounds great.
This is a replacement manufactured by Fecked, I quite like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

Looks nice. How does it sound? By the way if you don't already know, I'd recommend Gary at Sportax Racing for engine parts and any work you may need doing. Great guy who was an army bike mechanic working on Rotax engined MT350 and MT500. He still races them most weekends.
Dave.