Centre Stand for G12

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Maurice

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Maurice »

Last year I saw a new centre stand on a dealers display at an autojumble, foolishly I did not buy it. Can anyone tell me who the dealer might have been? It had the lever extension on the left side to operate with you foot, which is what I would like. Thanks.
Duncan

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Duncan »

The spares scheme have some listed on page 11 part number 900713, 900715 Jim should be able to advise if this is what you want.
27col

Centre Stand for G12

Post by 27col »

I bought one of the new stands from the club spares scheme. Unfortunately both legs snapped the third time it was used. I was lucky, in that I still had hold of the machine when the stand broke. Otherwise it would have crashed on to my other machine, and damaged that as well. I got the old stand built up and am using that until I can be assured that my problem was a one- off. Has any one any experience of using the new stands?
RogerNorman

Centre Stand for G12

Post by RogerNorman »

Whilst I may not be allowed to be a member of the decision making team any more, one of the big problems that constantly bugged any of us involved with Jampot Spares was the fact that things either failed or went wrong but nobody thought to tell Jim so that some research and investigation could be undertaken. It is indeed unfortunate that your stand broke but I certainly do not recall the issue being raised (unless it happened after mid-November). With all due respects can I suggest you let Jim know. At least that way the scheme can investigate the problem before it becomes an issue for others
Steve Martin

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Steve Martin »

The issue of a faulty centre stand was brought to the attention of the Forum on 15th Dec. Has the subsequent investigation yielded any conclusion?
Steve.
RogerNorman

Centre Stand for G12

Post by RogerNorman »

Steve whilst I appreciate the matter may have been raised on the Forum, with due respects, the man who needs to know is Jim at Kettering. From experience of having been closely involved in the past I know full well he rarely gets time to look at issues on the Web site. Direct contact is always the best form of communication in these things
Steve Martin

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Steve Martin »

According to the posting on 15th Dec, Colin informed Jim, received a refund, and was told that several others had been sold, without any reported problem. Does that constitute an investigation, or are the results pending?
Steve.
RogerNorman

Centre Stand for G12

Post by RogerNorman »

You would have to follow it up with Jim I'm afraid. As I said earlier I'm no longer allowed to act directly on Club issues even though I find it extremely frustrating not to - but thats life when your not wanted!
Merlin

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Merlin »

Although not involved in the debacle I think it is a sad loss to new members when club officers with much knowledge are made to feel unwanted
cheers
Stuart
p.s. don't let the ba....ds grind you down
Chemists do it with test tubes
JAMIE

Centre Stand for G12

Post by JAMIE »