ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
moley

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by moley »

THATS IT SOLD ME G12 TO FINANCE ME TO FINISH ME G12 CSR REPLICA ! - I WILL HAVE TO USE ME A10 FLASH FOR THE THIS SEASON - sORRY TO SWEAR.

I NEED TO USE 1+1/4 FORK YOKES BUT I NEED THE ALLOY BOTTOMS WITH TWO STAYS AND I HAVE BEEN TLD THAT THE 2 STAY 11/4 BOTTOMS ARE LIKE ROCKING HORSE DO-DAAAAAAS

i DONT WANT TO USE THE EARLY 1 1/8 FORK BOTTOMS BECAUSE THE BOTTOM CLAMPS GIVE IT AWAY BUT I HAVE A SET OF 54 1.1/8 BOTTOMS THAT THE CLAMPS ARE MORE ROUND IN SHAPE.

SO PROBLEM I HAVE IS I NEED TO USE 1 1/4 FORK YOKES WITH THE SLIGHTLY EARLIER FORK BOTTOMS. I HAVE JUST PLAYED WITH ME SPARES AND I THINK I CAN DO THIS BECAUSE IT LOOKE TO ME THAT THE ALLOY BOTTOMS ARE THE SAME ( IN THE RESPECT OF THE 11/8 STANCHION AND THE 11/4 STANCHION) IN SIZE IT IS ONLY THE STANCHIONS, BUSHES THAT ARE DIFFERENT.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM !
itma

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by itma »

please don`t shout at this time of night
moley

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by moley »

Text
Chazzyb

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by Chazzyb »

I may be wrong, but I understand the new 1.25" sliders the spares scheme have have mudguard stay lugs back and front. Not cheap tho'.
Charles
moley

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by moley »

uhmmmmmmmm. £300.00 a pair isnt cheap
Eric

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by Eric »

There is a nice picture of one in the very new Spares catalogue to be found in the middle of your new Jampot magazine. Yes they are not cheap at £149.81 + VAT each but I dread to think how much they would be if they fitted my Honda.
Chazzyb

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by Chazzyb »

quote:
There is a nice picture of one in the very new Spares catalogue to be found in the middle of your new Jampot magazine. Yes they are not cheap at £149.81 + VAT each but I dread to think how much they would be if they fitted my Honda.

I don't suppose they would fit your Honda.
Charles
itma

ALLOY FORK BOTTOMS

Post by itma »

would`nt it be good if they did? and the wheels and the engine and the gearbox......? must be too much cheese I ate