Matchless G90 super clubman

Information relating to the Matchless G9 or AJS Model 20 500cc twin
hoody

Post by hoody »

Hi Matchless-friends,

After sold my 1965 Tricati classic-racer, I have recently bought a very nice - and fast- 1937 G90 super clubman matchless-racer (after riding some laps on the circuit), but it seems to be a very rare bike,there is almost no information in the web.Because I'm no collector and want to "move" this bike,has anybody a idea, where can I get (any) further informations about this wonderfull bike (manuals,parts,-what ever...) ? Do anybody know someone, who owns sucha bike? I would be very gratefull for any informations.

best wishes from Vienna
Mike /hoody
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Hi Hoody Mike
I've emailed to you the contact details of A Noted Expert.
Pls let me know if they don't arrive.
Best of luck
Neville
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
RogerNorman

Post by RogerNorman »

I think you will find a certain Mr Bryant (oft contibutor to these pages) should be able to help you also.
I recall an early version of Classic Mechanics with a large article on his G90. If he doesn't still have it I'm sure he could tell you a tale or two about the bike
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

The very same expert, Mr Squittery Sir, one and the same.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
hoody

Post by hoody »

Hi-many thanks for the responses; I just find a very good advice here on jampot.com:
"TheAJS&MatchlessArchives"(http://217.157.196.176:8181/cg/)-a realy great and helpfull site-even for G90C.
Now I even find a G90C-head ins Australia(where the bike came from-raced by Rex Porter , Dave Gittus),the bottom(crankcase) seems to be G3L.
Unfortunately I'm not able to add some pictures here, but if somebody is interested, I can send a mail.

best wishes
mike