Centre Stand for G12

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Biscuit
Deceased

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Biscuit »

Would it not be better to remove the stand and build up the ears?. I little bird tells me that the new stands are cast aluminium, oh dear!

pimpernel

Centre Stand for G12

Post by pimpernel »

Like Roger I also have a Pan and a G12CSR of which the centre stand was u/s,the cross tube was rotted through. My remedy for this was to cut off the damaged parts,and bore out in the milling machine,insert heavy gauge stainless tube and fit 1/4" pegs thro to lock the tube in place.
Unlike Roger I find the Pan a nightmare to get on the centre stand, maybe he has a bit more weight than me.
RogerJ

Centre Stand for G12

Post by RogerJ »

Hi Bill,

85 kgs of weight. With the panniers loaded it is a pig but empty it's OK. Mind you although it's a nice bike to ride I'm thinking of selling as it doesn't get ridden enough on the roads round where I live.
pimpernel

Centre Stand for G12

Post by pimpernel »

Hi Roger,I thought as much, 85kg's I am only 73 kgs.like you I dont ride the Pan much. Something to do with a quad bypass I had a while ago.
Regards
Bill
Maurice

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Maurice »

546 views and 23 replies but I am no nearer to getting a new centre stand! Help, someone!
Charles

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Charles »

Maurice,

I suspect you saw the www.amcclassicspares.com stand run by the Surbey family. I would try them anyway as they certainly have some 'new' stands but may also have some secondhand ones.

regards
Charles
Maurice

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Maurice »

Maurice

Centre Stand for G12

Post by Maurice »

Thanks Charles. Despite a web site showing choice of stands Surbey are unable to offer new or second hand stands.
lawrence

Centre Stand for G12

Post by lawrence »

Stafford show is a good option but apparently if you wait a little while Jampot Spares will be having them.