Question about the Regal Raptor

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
justinchiarini

Post by justinchiarini »

Hello All,

I am in the process of purchasing a bike. I am currently looking at the regal raptor and the ybr 125 custom.

I am going to be doing about 200-300 miles a month and worried about reports on the raptor with issues and also top speed.

Can i get some feed back on top speed and long journey results please

Thanks to all who respond

Justin
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Justin , the local section of the AJS and MOC have a autojumble at the Thatched inn, Keymer nr Hassocks tomorrow morning . I think the local modern AJS deasler will also pop in to visit us sometime between 0930 and 1200. alternatively they will have a stand at Ardingly on the 23rd October . I'd recommend going to both events

justinchiarini

Post by justinchiarini »

Thanks for the response, i am unable to make it on that date sadly. Hopefully some owners of this bike will reply as i am going to have to make a decision very soon.Edited by - justinchiarini on 15 Oct 2011 1:19:51 PM
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

OK , why not give the dealer a ring , they are in Burgess Hill, and talk to them and other owners

Total Moto Training
Unit 3, Sovereign Centre
45 Victoria Road
Burgess Hill
West Sussex
RH15 9LR

justinchiarini

Post by justinchiarini »

i did my CBT with them, have spoken to them previous but wanted to get an owners perspective :)
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

quote:
Can i get some feed back on top speed and long journey results please

The dealer mentioned can be trusted to advise on 'top speed'. Didn't you get a feel for top speed on the 125 Ajay when doing your CBT?
As for owners' comments I can only suggest that you use the 'Search Forums' facility on this site('Forum' then 'Search Forums', then enter search word 'Raptor'. I found a few hits. You can then email the poster for an opinion.
Alternatively, Google 'AJS Raptor reviews'.
(Don't know why this techno-wrinkly is telling you how to search a website and the web )
Total-Moto use the 125 Ajays for their Rider Training as you know. They must do far more miles a month than you expect to do. It's unlikely that they'd use unreliable bikes. Your mileage sounds like commuting, therefore so long as you can keep pace with the traffic it should be o.k. until you are licensed to ride a larger capacity bike - if you really must rush around.
The faster you ride, the more likely some inattentive car driver will have you off. There are far more out there than you may be expecting!
Edited by - SPRIDDLER on 15 Oct 2011 8:05:44 PM
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
justinchiarini

Post by justinchiarini »

thank you for the reply and sound advice. I will call the guys at Toto again or pop up there. Just need a reliable bike for 200 mile trip each month. Thanks again :)