Eos bike get togethers

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
bigwol

Eos bike get togethers

Post by bigwol »

Oh dear, lets all just calm down a bit eh? As Mike says everyone is entitled to their opinion and eosboy is clearly very fond of his choice of transport just as some are doubtful of the build quality. As one who started his motorcycling life in earnest in the 70's i well remember the attitude of brit bike owners to the "jap crap" which was starting to be sold here in real numbers. Yes some early examples were poor, but boy didnt they learn quick! Nowadays honda are reknowned for build quality and reliability and the others not far behind them. The chinese will get their act together too, hey ducati had a lousy name for reliability a few years back but they dont go pop like they used to. As for harley's every one i know that owned one was dissapointed with finish issues after a few years, and they definately did not have a good name for reliability. Some of my mates called em "hardly go at alls" while other wont ride anything else. Personally while i have always had a soft spot for brit iron and AMC bikes in particular i have owned (and still do) many bikes from different manufacturers. In the end it's what biking should be about in my opinion, personal taste!
Incidentally i thought the early post regarding starting a section for owners of these NAS AJS bikes was an excellent idea, so how about it eosboy? There is a lot of scope there as you said for ride outs and swapping tech info etc.
It's all just riding motorbikes
itma

Eos bike get togethers

Post by itma »

No worries, water off a ducks back,
besides its unfair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

I have said all along in my opinion there is no place in this club for these fake AJS and that it would prove to be divisive.
Looks like I was right sadly.

I rather suspect that this poster is the same one that keeps popping up on the same subject , certainly the varied language above suggest its a split personality or he's been using the cut and paste facility, plus my cynical side wonders if he's not some desperate dealer with a stockroom full of unsellable freak bikes, certainly I have never seen one on the road, and any kid who lays out 2.5k for one is going to be in tears on its resale.

Perhaps he should ride it, if indeed he has one, to the Jampot Rally? If it got there it would prove something.

The day this club sets up a section for them is the day I leave I'm afraid, I pay subs to a club set up to preserve bikes of a certain British tradition and history, not one set up for a load of strutting posers to tag along with freak underpowered generic imports.

This problem will only get worse, its time management did something positive about them one way or the other.

PS I thought new forum rules would have meant this non member had used up his allotted time?

[yes bigwol your bum looks huge on it, but not as huge as it would sitting on an eos, then you'd look all aRse
Janet

Eos bike get togethers

Post by Janet »

quote: PS I thought new forum rules would have meant this non member had used up his allotted time?I understood the new rules to be that non-club members are permitted to start ? 5 ? threads but can contribute as many useful posts within a thread as they like, thus giving us the opportunity to learn from those who know their stuff. Don't forget, we've had people here who have passed on their vast knowledge of our bikes when, for various reasons, they were not members of the AJS & Matchless Owners Club.

EosBoy

Eos bike get togethers

Post by EosBoy »

Your just a bunch of spiteful bigots. Opinion on the topic is one thing. Continual expressions of prejudice and ridicule against me, the eos and its country of origin are the actions of people with a superiority complex. Go to hell. I’m sick of you all. Stick your views were the sun don’t shine cause I ain’t listening anymore.
rex.webb

Eos bike get togethers

Post by rex.webb »

???????????????????????/
Well what can you say ??????????????????????
RIDE with CARE and LIVE LONG to ENJOY tour BIKES.
r w webb
Merlin

Eos bike get togethers

Post by Merlin »

quote:
Your just a bunch of spiteful bigots. Opinion on the topic is one thing. Continual expressions of prejudice and ridicule against me, the eos and its country of origin are the actions of people with a superiority complex. Go to hell. I’m sick of you all. Stick your views were the sun don’t shine cause I ain’t listening anymore.

Well I have say that people that do not listen do not learn very much.If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen which thank God you have.
Best Regards
Merlin

ps Either join the club or shut up.Edited by - Merlin on 27 Jul 2011 10:28:18 PM
Chemists do it with test tubes
Janet

Eos bike get togethers

Post by Janet »

I think this would be a good time for everyone to leave this thread to die. Please.
Merlin

Eos bike get togethers

Post by Merlin »

Well said Janet
Chemists do it with test tubes
bigwol

Eos bike get togethers

Post by bigwol »

I agree, and i was trying to be nice to him too!
It's all just riding motorbikes
keith bain

Eos bike get togethers

Post by keith bain »

There is a beautiful rally on the nothern isles of scotland called the Simmer Dimm would be a good one for a ajs eos meet up if anyone interested in that
Ride Safe Ride Hard Ride Free