Model X Frame

Information relating to the Matchless G3 or AJS Model 16 350cc Heavyweight
wilko

Model X Frame

Post by wilko »

Anyonein the whole world willing to part with a Model X frame for a '37 to '39 Matchless? (fat chance) but i've got to ask. I'm in Oz. Douglas [IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/ ... -38-01.jpg[/IMG]
TommoT

Model X Frame

Post by TommoT »

I have the frame, but would like the other bits ! Just kiddin', but I know the guy who owns the one in the picture, and strangely enough he doesn't want to sell any part of it
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
wilko

Model X Frame

Post by wilko »

But i'll bet he knows where there's one hiding!! Thanks Tommo i forget where i even found that piccy!! douglas
Biscuit
Deceased

Model X Frame

Post by Biscuit »

That has an AMC gearbox!

wilko

Model X Frame

Post by wilko »

wilko

Model X Frame

Post by wilko »

Well spotted Biscuit!! I guess i'd be a bit more subtle if i was lashing one together. But really the main ingredients to me at the moment are motor & frame! douglas
TommoT

Model X Frame

Post by TommoT »

Quite right Alan, this person uses his X a lot and switched to an AMC box for better gear selection and better spares availability. He has the origanal box, would that be a BAP or CP? He made other upgrades, as he sees them, like the external oil filter also seen in the picture.

I know your view of the AMC box, but it has a slick shifting action and precise movements. The B52 box is also a fine gearbox, though slightly slower in shifting action, I think it gives the rider better feedback on what is going on in there! And slick shifting is possible with the correct rider in the seat! Edited by - TommoT on 10 Feb 2008 5:07:36 PM
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
56G80S

Model X Frame

Post by 56G80S »

Can't remember what model it was that he rode, but seeing the v twin, well used, reminded me of reading Basil Chilver's exploits in the Jampot.

Good luck getting the frame, I'm jealous of your (I hope) impending opportunity.

Johnny B