Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Elefant60

Post by Elefant60 »

Hello AJS/Machless friends

My name is Robert and I am 64 years old and live in beautiful Switzerland. Since yesterday I have a Matchless G12CRS 1959 with 37 kw. I would like to know how many motorcycles like this were built. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Greetings Robert
ChrisTheChippy

Re: New Member

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

I'm afraid i can't answer your question but welcome to the club. Enjoy your csr they are great bikes.
Elefant60

Post by Elefant60 »

Hello Chris

The motorcycle was sold in Los Angeles on June 2, 1959. I'll try to get information there.

Best regards and have a nice weekend Robert
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Hi Robert, if you can get a sight of the Roy Bacon - Matchless & AJS Restoration book there is a list of start and end frame numbers per year (not by model) there are caveats about their absolute accuracy but it should give you a feel for the total production per year.

Looks like the club stock the book if you want a copy, it is a useful reference: https://www.amoc-parts.com//store/comer ... duct=23959
JEAN-NOEL

Post by JEAN-NOEL »

Hello Rob,
I am a French member living not far from Switzerland that I know very well for crossing it often and having visited all the cantons!
I own a 1964 G12 CSR fully restored, and can therefore help you in your project.
And if you are francophone it’s even easier!
I confirm Duncan’s opinion regarding Roy Bacon's book: it is essential to carry out a restoration according to the origin (if however it is necessary!)
Kind regards.
Elefant60

Post by Elefant60 »

This is my new toy

Greetings from switzerland
Elefant60

Post by Elefant60 »

Dear AJS/Matchless friends
Thank you for your feedback. I'm unsure because I probably have a CS and the CSR is stamped into the steering tube. I have now received the number of motorcycles built, but both have the same engine. Greetings Robert
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

No AMC frames were stamped with a model number before they left the factory so a photo would help?
Roy