North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 1st of February

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 1st of February

Post by nomisimon »

Good evening

Our February Club Night is this Thursday coming, the 1st of February…and in 2024 there’s a rumour it has 29 days in it!

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Robin Hood from 7pm.

Regards

Simon
Thank God for Southby
nomisimon

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 1st of February

Post by nomisimon »

Evenin’ all

We had a bit of a change for our February Club Night…it became a film night. Sean kindly brought a projector and laptop whilst Dave similarly provided his projector screen. We spent about an hour watching old Pathé newsreels of the Travers Trophy Trials from years gone by, right back to 1921, followed by ‘Spirit of the 60s’ by Gerry Burr. The fact that those videos featuring people falling off, seemed to garner the greatest interest, is concerning! I’m putting together some more videos for another evening. There will be more people falling off ;)

Sean has recently taken the plunge and acquired two lightweight basket case bikes, a 1962 Matchless G2 CSR and a 1961 AJS Model 14. He says most of the parts are there apart from tinware…although he does have petrol tanks. If anyone has any mudguards, toolboxes, battery boxes and the like, that they don’t need, please get in touch with the section and I’ll pass your details on to Sean. Whilst Sean’s bikes were local, I travelled to Leicester to pick up a 1923 Matchless Model L which appears complete including every nut and bolt. The wheels turn freely, the brakes work, the engine turns over with good compression, the gearbox works, the tyres hold air…all is good. I don’t think it will take much to get it on the road; I have bought new tyres and tubes however, but they were hard to find!

That about wraps it up for February matters. Our next meeting is on Thursday the 7th of March, at the Robin Hood Inn from 7pm.

Simon Robinson
Thank God for Southby