Fuel tank model 8

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Mark Edwards

Fuel tank model 8

Post by Mark Edwards »

Hi I'm new to this site and not very computer literate but will try my best
I have a February 1961 Ajs model 8 just enquiring the fuel tank is really close to the head stock snd crome trime actually rubs on the bearing cover very slightly ...have you ant pictures of how the tank should be mounted please with the various rubbers. Also what model battery should be fitted please any reference number I can cross reference with modern stuff would be appreciated. Many thanks Mark :D
Bill N

Re: Fuel tank model 8

Post by Bill N »

Can't help with pictures at the moment. I'm presently trying to find the bolts that secure the tank because I need to remove mine. I haven't really tried yet, only got as far as removing the seat, but it doesn't look obvious where the things are.
Bill N

Re: Fuel tank model 8

Post by Bill N »

Pictures of the petrol tank mounting for a Model 8. I have just taken the tank off mine, so here are photos of the front mounting bracket, rear T-bar and underside of the tank with the mounting bolts refitted, in case they are helpful. The rubbers on the mounting bolts appear to go with the thin one between the tank and the bracket and the thick one underneath. There is also a rubber on the T-bar bolt.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.