Tyres advice please.

Information relating to the Matchless G5 or AJS Model 8 350cc Lightweight
Amb3611

Re: Tyres advice please.

Post by Amb3611 »

g5wqian wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:11 am what you want to do with your brake shoes is to send them to VILLIERS SERVICES for relining and ask for soft linings for road use .
these linings are very good and will improve your brake no end .

i have them in my ariel NH which had none too clever brakes but now pulls up very well .

you just have to package the shoes up and put a note in with them to say what they are for giving your address details and villers services will sort them for you when they receive them .
its around £25 for pair of shoes relined and takes around 2 weeks total for posting to them and return .
you can pay via website in advance or over phone when they are done , i usually ring them after a week or so of them having the shoes to see about paying for them
the shoes are bonded on and have been fine for me but i note some people will drill out the original rivet holes through the linings and insert bifurcated rivets in them for their own peace of mind but i just use them as they came bonded and have had no problems .

https://villiersservices.co.uk/product/ ... g-service/

cheers , ian

That’s great ,many thanks I will give them a look.
Karl.
KAB
Amb3611

Post by Amb3611 »

Brake shoes now in the post to VILLIERS services. Many thanks for the advice.
KAB
Bill N

Post by Bill N »

My model 8 has a cheap Duro on the front which I don't much like but it performs well (fitted by previous owner). I put a K82 on the rear wheel and I'm pretty happy with it, even though I only chose it because I couldn't find a K70 in the right size.