Oil tap cutout

Information relating to the Matchless G12 or AJS Model 31 650cc twin
Mollbhan

Re: Oil tap cutout

Post by Mollbhan »

Congrats, gives you quite a lift when a job eventually gets sorted out.
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

Well done Chris, great feeling when you finally crack it! Maybe effect of heat on condenser, and moving it will help new one to run cooler? Or could be cap/ arm cracked, Iā€™d be tempted to swap back to old cap/ arm (with new ones in my pocket) and try and pinpoint the culprit then take great pleasure in jumping on it!!
Happy days
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Already destroyed the old ones ! I used to keep old parts for times of desperation but I now realise if they were no bl###y good when they were taken off they won't be any good in the future. A lot of this stuff ends up on ebay so buyer beware!
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

I'm a fan of the BrightSpark (Groily) solid state condensers. Much preferable to the old aluminium foil jobbies.

JohnnyB
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

ChrisTheChippy wrote: ā†‘Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:21 pm I used to keep old parts for times of desperation but I now realise if they were no bl###y good when they were taken off they won't be any good in the future.
I have a box of about 20 old (non)sparkling plugs that were put aside for the same reason, (in spite of having a box of new plugs in the shed cupboard). :roll:
Similarly headlamp bulbs where one filament is duff (in spite of having a box of new ones in the shed cupboard). :roll: :roll:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'