Johnny B
Duncan

Re: Essex, Hampshire and Dave (Everyone knows a Dave!) - Our IJR

Post by Duncan »

Well done all :beer:
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Many thanks for the photos and tale of this year’s trip to the IJR Ray. Well done everyone who took part.
PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Well done everyone thank you for the photos. And what great bikes for making it there and back.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Ray how was the carb on the way home? Did it pull better over the pass? Wifey and I ran over the Dolomites stopping at Merano before heading to the Timmelsjoch. Up, over and through the Austrian alps finding another pass that I hadn't planned on but was just as fabulous. Total for me was over 2500 miles. Yes the Tiger is "modern" at a mere 23yrs old but I did have to haul Mrs President and all the luggage and tools there and back! No luxury back up van for moi! Was the best ride there and back that I've ever done on a motorcycle, so glad the event happened. :beer: :beer: :beer:
rumble

Post by rumble »

Spot on Rob and pulling well thankfully. The pass through the Dolomites was great, disappointed with the Brenner by comparison but fabulous views all around. MBK is now due a partial strip down, clutch was dragging towards the end but the old girl made it without any real issues 😁. Almost lost the backup van on the last but one day when it was almost taken out. Great event and likewise, glad that we finally got it sorted.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

ajscomboman wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:07 pm Ray how was the carb on the way home? Did it pull better over the pass? Wifey and I ran over the Dolomites stopping at Merano before heading to the Timmelsjoch. Up, over and through the Austrian alps finding another pass that I hadn't planned on but was just as fabulous. Total for me was over 2500 miles. Yes the Tiger is "modern" at a mere 23yrs old but I did have to haul Mrs President and all the luggage and tools there and back! No luxury back up van for moi! Was the best ride there and back that I've ever done on a motorcycle, so glad the event happened. :beer: :beer: :beer:

The so called back up van was only used to smuggle the rally badges into Slovenia and carry a few bags.
Roy
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

A few bags! You fibber, you couldn't pack much more in there! Tool's, spares, beer and Dudley! :rofl:
bigwol

Post by bigwol »

It was a great adventure and a real achievement for both riders and bikes. Thanks to all for the good company mutual support and most of all the laughs and good time.
I hope everyone has recovered now and hope to see you all soon
It's all just riding motorbikes