North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 1st June

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 1st June

Post by nomisimon »

Hi Everyone

Crikey…it’s June on Thursday.

Where are the days going?

Do join us at 7pm this Thursday the 1st June, for our club night at the Robin Hood; the weather looks fair too.

See you soon.

Simon
Thank God for Southby
nomisimon

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 1st June

Post by nomisimon »

There were ten of us on Thursday evening for our club night; three were missing from the members photo. It was a dry, mild evening so some members brought their bikes. Simon, brought his Matchless G3LS that isn’t…it has the 500cc top end modification and was restored some years ago. Neil brought his G80 which he recently finished. It’s a beautiful bike, fully restored from a basket case; there isn’t a hint of mechanical noise from the engine.

Sean’s bike is almost back together following a mischievous piston problem and George has a few minor niggles remaining on his sidecar outfit. From our westerly members there are rumours of three bikes ready to take to the road.

Your scribe has been making the most of the warm weather on his G12, enjoying a ride out with Myles over the moors and finishing in Blanchland at the Lord Crewe Arms, for tea and cake. I’m starting work on a 1954 AJS 16MS in trials trim, that I acquired at the end of last year. There are many green lanes and tracks in Northumberland to explore, and as I write this, the countryside looks truly spectacular. The weather has been ideal for pottering around the back roads and looking over hedges, whilst keeping a mindful eye out for potholes.

Our next meeting is on Thursday the 6th June at 7pm…the venue is, of course, the Robin Hood on the Military Road.

Pop along for a natter…come on your bike, it’s July, it must be warm and sunny, right?
Thank God for Southby