250csr oil from exhaust

Information relating to the Matchless G2 or AJS Model 14 250cc Lightweight
Webby900

Re: 250csr rocker setting

Post by Webby900 »

Hi guys
Thanks for the help, will let you know how it goes.
Hopefully will have bike running again soon. Was bought as a runner needing some minor work! As always the more you look the more you find ! Say no more!
Webby900

Re: 250csr oil from exhaust

Post by Webby900 »

Hi
I have now got the bike on the road, but the oil issues remain sadly. I appear to have a lot of crank case pressure as running without crank plug gives a lot of pressure coming out. The sump fills with oil over just a few days, I have removed head and barrel, the oil pump seems fine as I get a good flow returning to oil tank.
As it is still on standard piston the rings look quite worn and the bottom oil ring has a small section between one of the ring spacers , could this be the culprit?.
I have taken some measurements at different points down the barrel with the top ring and appears to to have a largest gap of around 18thou . What is an acceptable gap in the ring between the ends.
Before stripping down the compression was good and bike run fine except for all the smoke and oil in exhaust.
I would really appreciate any advice on what to try next. I have the oil adjustment screw set to minimum.
Hopefully one of you may be able to help me. Also if I need a rebore etc who is best to go to and if in my area of Suffolk/ Essex