Dynamo armature.

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
Steve64

Dynamo armature.

Post by Steve64 »

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Barry Kayes built armatures for the E3L ? I am hoping to find an English made one, I have been told that they are the best ones to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Steve.
Groily

Re: Dynamo armature.

Post by Groily »

Yes. His ones are the ones that are most widely sold as 'UK-made' and are what you get when you order 'UK-made' from the usual suspects. So you might get one via Wassell with a trade account, from Feked, Rex's Speed Shop or any of the other resellers - but the odds are it's come from Replacement Auto Services, a principal trade suppliers' supplier of these things.
Steve64

Post by Steve64 »

Thanks for that mate , are they any good?
Groily

Post by Groily »

See previous posts. Same thing. Yes, they're on the 'good side of OK' as I said.
Iron Head

Post by Iron Head »

I got a full armature kit for the E3L (I think) on my G80CS from Rex’s complete with bearings etc and it has worked fine, got quite a nice free pen as well! Wanted also to mention the fantastic service I got recently from Paul Wolf, Magneto & Dynamo Repairs who turned around my NR1 armature in a week and fitted my EasyCap. Paul found a condenser bodge from someone in the US in the 60’s. Lots of nice big sparks now through a period Champion N5 (black body) plug.

Iron Head
Steve64

Post by Steve64 »

Thanks guys, appreciate the advice.