HJC i70 - Pearl White any thoughts?

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

HJC i70 - Pearl White any thoughts?

Post by 56G80S »

Hi All

It's about time I bought a new helmet. don't spend that big on helmets, as long as they meet legislative requirements!

This:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/433130

is up at £120 versus original price £120.

I like white helmets.

Johnny B
Andy G

Re: HJC i70 - Pearl White any thoughts?

Post by Andy G »

I've used hjc for many years and one crash on sports bikes. Decent enough at good price, no frills helmets. You may find them a little noisier than more expensive lids, but not enough to worry about at classic speeds.
Make sure it's a firm fit from new, they often have polystyrene padding which compresses with time.
Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
Duncan

Post by Duncan »

You do need to try it on before you buy, everyone head is different and so are helmet makes, what's comfortable for one is not for another.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Thanks, I noticed that Sportsbike are OK with returns based on fit. Good tip about not too slack. I bought the current lid at the Oliver's Mount Road Races. Roasting hot day, no haircut. It fitted nicely first of all but not after a month or two.

JohnnyB
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

End of line sales are when best prices are available. Id always recommend getting the best you can afford
recently purchased a Shoei from Motoledgends , end of range so best price
Always worth going into shop for a fitting
MAC

Post by MAC »

That is a generous discount...£50 off rrp. I always have a white helmet too, but I cant get on with full face..always have an open face. I did try a flip up once but very heavy. If you like this one it looks a good bargain.
REW

Post by REW »

56G80S wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:42 pm Thanks, I noticed that Sportsbike are OK with returns based on fit.
My son James has just bought a new helmet from Sportbike Shop and had to change it for size. You keep the packaging and return your helmet in it via a DPD drop off shop. They send you an email label to print covering return cost. Next size arrived a few days later. Brilliant.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Just to close this off, the HJC i70 arrived yesterday. I's a tad tight but as the guide on Sportsbikeshop says, it will slacken a little. My last helmet was too slack and a nuisance. I'd bought it on a roasting hot day after a lot of walking and your head swells!

I'm back on a standard full face as the flip front, although handy sometimes, is heavier.

Thanks for all the views on this, particularly Andy G.

Johnny B