North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd March 2023

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd March 2023

Post by nomisimon »

Hi Everyone

We had our meeting as usual at the Robin Hood, several of our regulars were taking advantage of the sunshine abroad and couldn’t make it.

Eight of us met and amongst other things, discussed the forthcoming Autumn Alternative Rally to be held at Bishop Auckland Rugby Club. Here is some advance information from Ron Walker:

“Hospitality at the Rugby Club is excellent and they have hosted 2 rallies for our club - 2011 full Jampot and 2016 Alternative, so they know how to do it. I also have numerous detailed runs that I will mix and match from to create 2 new ones - for the shorter Friday PM run and the slightly longer Saturday run. Meals and bar are there (pay your way, no formally organised entertainment in the Autumn rally) and the rally fee is likely to be around £20. However, I do have a small area of hardstanding for a few who might travel other than on 2 wheels (by appointment btw) though traditionally this is a tent camping rally!

I will post a more detailed advert in the Jampot in due course. There is very little pre-event organising to do though marshalling the field and runs will be required.
Also, some longer distance visitors arrive on Thursday PM so and that makes it a bit more of an event for some of us.”

Ken also suggested a ride out to see another vintage club, located nearer the coast…once the weather improves.

One of our members has a beautifully restored G2 which has been offered to section members first…if you’re interested, get in touch with me for details.

Our next meeting is on Thursday the 6th April at 7pm at the Robin Hood.

Regards

Simon Robinson
Thank God for Southby
56G80S

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd March 2023

Post by 56G80S »

Unfortunately, I'll be starting my fourth (hopefully final) chemo cycle on the preceding Tuesday. History tells me there's no chance I'll be fit for a long round trip from North Yorkshire.

It's great that there's a "new" section. I think travelling South to East Yorkshire is a more difficult trip than going North.

Ron, I'll message you.

Johnny B
nomisimon

Re: North East Section Club Night on Thursday the 2nd March 2023

Post by nomisimon »

Hi Johnny B

I truly hope chemo number four is your last one. They are not pleasant I'm told.

It's down hill on the way back you know.

Cheers

Simon
Thank God for Southby