External oil filter

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
MalcW

Re: External oil filter

Post by MalcW »

A mate's Model 20 has filter identical to that fitted. It came with the bike and we know nothing about it. My Model 31 has a remote cartridge oil filter similar to that show in Spriddler's reply, fitted to the return side and hidden up under the seat.

Malc
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

I think that's likely to be what I end up with on the return to begin with, but will aim to make one myself ( help with 1 1/8" cycle thread and 21deg drillings ). Been looking at drilling straight with 6 smaller holes rather than the 2 at an angle and think it might just be possible with a smaller diameter threaded adapter for the filter/one way valve, which will make it possible for me to have a go at!
Rangy65

Post by Rangy65 »

Hi just been reading through this thread and though I might take the opportunity to share with you all something that the Club Spares scheme has been working on.

A replacement for the later twins gauze style filter & end cap has been manufactured and is currently under evaluation and testing.

The new filter has a stainless steel body and replaceable felt filter made of same material that is used for the earlier twins but shortened to fit.

If all goes well the new filter will be on sale soon.
IMG-20230131-WA0001.jpg
All the best
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ChrisTheChippy

Post by ChrisTheChippy »

Really like the look of that. Hope the tests go well. As we all know clean well filtered oil is the key to long engine life. Dare I say it even early jap bikes had better oil filtration than a lot of brit bikes .
shaunstaples

Post by shaunstaples »

That's nice and neat and keeps the original look, much improved over the gauze.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Great work by the AMOC Spares; no use to me with a single but it looks good and will keep the late twin owners happy, I hope.

Johnny B
MalcW

Post by MalcW »

56G80S wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:59 pm Great work by the AMOC Spares; no use to me with a single but it looks good and will keep the late twin owners happy, I hope.

Johnny B
We're always happy. well, apart from the time when...

Malc