Miniature Stevens

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
Groily

Miniature Stevens

Post by Groily »

I've lifted this youtube link from another forum for reasons that will be obvious if anyone looks at it.

Beautiful - no doubt seen in the flesh by a good few folk, but I hadn't seen it and I should think anyone else here who hasn't will be mightily impressed too!
Taid

Re: Miniature Stevens

Post by Taid »

Makes you (me) realise how incompetent you are (I am)
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

I wondered what had happened to the model. Way back in 2017 I posted a scan of the original magazine article I'd found from 1951.

viewtopic.php?p=185324&hilit=stevens#p185324

Steve
Groily

Post by Groily »

Missed that back then Greybeard. Sorry to have gone over old ground, but of interest to some nonetheless no doubt! Good text in your link too.
I just love some of the things these expert model chaps can do - like working radial engines made on ancient round-bed Drummond lathes (omigawd!!), steam locos, bikes like this . . . often using quite basic kit. Wish I could!
Expat

Post by Expat »

Absolutely stunning! I had read the piece when posted by Greybeard (thanks) but had not seen this video before. I worked on some tricky projects during my career but this just blows my mind. Excuse the Americanism, habitual now! 😁
Thanks for posting Groily.
Steve
Keep shiny side up.

These are my principles, if you don’t like them, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Groily wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:29 pm Missed that back then Greybeard. Sorry to have gone over old ground, but of interest to some nonetheless no doubt! Good text in your link too.
No apology needed at all, Groily. I was delighted to find out it still exists and is on show. Im pretty sure if it was mine, the temptation to run it would simply be too great to resist :D

Steve
Taid

Post by Taid »

Greybeard wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:23 pm

.......................... the temptation to run it would simply be too great to resist :D

Steve
It should be put in running order .. it was build to run, not to be a static piece ..
___

Now sold ... 1956 AJS 16MS Bitsa .. HSU 414 .. rebuilt/re-registered 1987