Front stand

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
Invicta

Front stand

Post by Invicta »

When I removed what was left over from the tin worm of my front mudguard on my 1949 model 18 there was a rubber washer about 1/8" thick on the bolt that secures the front stand to the rear of the mudguard. I can not see any rubber washer listed in the parts book, just two plain steel washers. Has anyone got a similar rubber washer on their front stand fixing?. Or was this a modification by some previous owner? I have fitted a new Indian made front mudguard, and have fitted the original front stays I have a new front stand fixing bolt , nut, washers and domed nut, which I can get to fit by pulling on the mudguard, but I do not want to set up any stress on a part subject to vibration. A 1/8" longer fixing bolt and some packing washers between the rear of the mudguard and the front stand, will cure that problem, caused by the new mudguard not quite matching the original . Can anyone tell me if this rubber washer should be there or not?
ajscomboman

Re: Front stand

Post by ajscomboman »

If it's NOT listed in the parts book you can say for sure it's been added. I didn't have one on my bike with front stand and not seen it on others.
clive

Re: Front stand

Post by clive »

I have/had a number of bikes with front stand, no rubber washer fitted to any of them.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix