Notes from the November 2022 meeting

Section covering the North East of England (including the old Border section and Northumberland section)
nomisimon

Notes from the November 2022 meeting

Post by nomisimon »

The North East Section had its penultimate meeting of 2022 at the Robin Hood, as is our habit, on the 3rd November.

Sean Taylor kindly looked after the meeting and there were seven around the table. A molten gudgeon pin hole in the starboard side of a piston, with a corresponding deep indentation in its cylinder barrel bore, was the main topic of discussion. The piston is clearly scrap and as the barrel is already at plus twenty, the deep indentation and gouging, mean a liner will probably be needed. A new standard Hepolite piston is on the way. There is other gouging on the piston, suggesting bits of circlip and other metal is floating around; a bigger job than just a piston and rebore sadly.

There will be no December meeting as such, it will be replaced by our Christmas Dinner on Friday the 9th December at 7pm. The tables are booked, the deposits paid and the menu choices are with the Robin Hood. I know it’s the festive season, but if you feel in the least bit unwell, do run a lateral flow COVID test and stay at home if you are positive.

Thursday this week, sadly, marked the first salting of the roads. Hopefully the rain over the last couple of days will have washed it away again and we’ll get a few more rides in before Christmas; I need to test my heated gloves.

Simon Robinson
Thank God for Southby