2007 Eos mk1 cutting out on pulling away.

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
Jimdon72

2007 Eos mk1 cutting out on pulling away.

Post by Jimdon72 »

Hi there, I'm new in here but hopefull lol.
Can anyone help please? I got the 2007 EOS serviced last week, next morning I filled up with Premium fuel on the way to work, done 10 miles and it started slowing down and wouldn't go above 30. Tried starting later in the day and eventually got it going and made it home again not going above 30. Emptied the tank and put fresh fuel in but when trying to pull away it just dies when i let the clutch out. Just put new carbs on and its still the same.

Cheers Jim.
clive

Re: 2007 Eos mk1 cutting out on pulling away.

Post by clive »

If you had it serviced the week before I would be inclined to let the dealer have a look. To me it sounds as though it may be an ignition timing problem but I only ride bikes over 60 years old!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
REW

Re: 2007 Eos mk1 cutting out on pulling away.

Post by REW »

The first thing to suspect is the last thing you fixed...

I know you didn't service it but you did fill it with "Premium" fuel after 10 miles of which it started to be a problem. Was this E5 fuel then? What had you used previously? A gradual failure to run could also be due to slow clogging of fuel tap, pipes or carb jets though I would not expect fuel grade to have caused this.

As Clive suggests the guy who serviced it may need to get involved - did he change the plug and was it the correct type? Lots of things need checking - you may need to put a lot more questions on this forum so they can perhaps be answered one by one.
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.