IJR and onwards!

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
alanjennings

Re: IJR and onwards!

Post by alanjennings »

Up to 34c.!! sat under a shady tree and did nothing! Warning-if you drive in rural Czech be careful-the fields are not fenced and there is always a quite deep ditch along the road edge, and often the roads are raised and the drop off is not one to arrive in on your bike! Back in Germany near Nurnberg which was infamous for the trials of german war criminals in 1947. Will have a ride around the area tomorrow.
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Visited an interesting museum in Zindorf-for a 100 years there was large factories making pressed tin toys! I remember some of them,jelly mould shaped humming tops, all manner of cars and bikes babies rattles.There was a small tin boat that was propelled by candle power my favourite- but how did it work? All gone as not considered safe today! The german roads are full of trucks and roadworks and over 30 c. still.Camped by the river Lahn, a feeder for the Rhine with only small pleasure boats on it.Might stop at Pegasus Bridge tomorrow to show our respect!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Joker_Bones

Post by Joker_Bones »

Alan... What bike are you riding? Russell
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Not my 650 AJS unfortunately-because of my wifes hip but a Fiat Ducato/125 AJS!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
Joker_Bones

Post by Joker_Bones »

Sounds like a good combo that would have most eventualities covered :)
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Went to Arnhem to visit the airbourne museum-except it's in Oosterbrook! Eventually found it but it was15euros each entrance fee! Anyway there were 3 much decorated chaps and a Falklands veteren to chat too, one of them a sub-mariner. We are off to the Hook tomorrow to get the boat to Harwich, holiday over, done 2000 miles but then off to Jedburgh for the scottish rally!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

Safe trip Alan, enjoyed reading your escapades. see you in Wales.
mikeM.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

Hi Alan

Planning to go a day early on the Thursday. It's likely to be wet but don't care, it's only about 100 miles for me.

Have a safe trip and see you there.

JohnnyB
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Judy and I made it to Jedburgh for the Scottish section rally! *8 amc bikes and one yamaha-Mr. Banks's! Weather was sunshine and heavy showers,but warm.We visited Lindisfarne, the holy island and had the best crab sandwiches in Northumberland! Sorry Ron w. was "indisposed" and we had food in the campsite restaurant in the evening and talked the usual rubbish! Am off to northern France on Friday for a rally with the French Vincent club which is usually quite entertaining plus good food and wine!
Alan [Morini] Jennings
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

Daventry to Dover-180 miles in under 4 hours! m40 then m25 with no holdups! Now in a cider farmyard for the night-don't ask! Got my 250 morini on the back of the van this time.Nobody asked us for a covid pass and the french did not ask if we had any dairy products or meat! A nice 22 degrees here.
Alan [Morini] Jennings