Pannier brackets

Information related to the Harris Matchless (also known as Devon Matchless)
colinsnowden

Pannier brackets

Post by colinsnowden »

20220610_123312.jpg
20220610_122819.jpg
Morning all, now I'm really liking my Harris and I wanted some brackets to support some panniers or just one at the mo. Didn't want to buy something of unknown quality so thought I'd get some made and here they are and I think they look the dogs.

Now I make no apology for the following plug because I was impressed, he's a young lad, does a bit of ally casting. Got a lathe, got a Bridgeport vertical mill, makes exhausts and I'm going to get a few more bits done by him because I liked the attention to detail and the good eye he had. Cooks Workshop if you want to sneak a look at the Facebook page.
He turned up all the fittings and spacers and made the bending tool to shape the stainless bar., it is indeed all stainless.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dave16mct

Re: Pannier brackets

Post by dave16mct »

That's very impressive and not too intrusive to leave in place when not using panniers.
Dave.
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

Hiya Dave, I'm going to leave them in place to be honest and they are quite nice to look at. I liked the way they mirrored the angle of the shock absorbers. I'm glad I found him.
dave16mct

Post by dave16mct »

I was just looking at an interesting special, Moto Guzzi 250 chassis with AJS Stormer engine and I noticed the exhaust was made by Tony Cook. Ebay number 185458973192
Dave.
colinsnowden

Post by colinsnowden »

Just had a look, rather like the look of it. Don't think it's anything to do with my Cook, he's a Sam and lives in Felixstowe. Only a young lad but with a good eye. I've seen a couple of exhausts he's made up for two strokes which I thought were nice work and pics of work he did on a Triumph triple exhaust. It was so rotten he couldn't get a weld to take so ended up making a sleeve in the form of what was like the symbol you get on the top of a car gearstick. Split the sleeve and then welded it up to good metal.