Club open day at Kettering 2022

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
clive

Club open day at Kettering 2022

Post by clive »

What a great day at Kettering today. We had a great ride along A roads in sunshine and it was surprisingly warm. A good turnout for the first open day since 2019. There were plenty of club stalwarts there and it was good to meet people I have not seen for a year or two owing to cancellation of our events by you know what.
So parts purchased, although I nearly managed to walk off without collecting mine! So many thanks to all those who organised the day, sold spares, and especially for the wonderful spread of sandwiches and the array of home made cakes. Now I failed to take any photos (except one of an unusual part to send to the quiz) so if anyone is better organised than me please post them!
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
OEW591

Re: Club open day at Kettering 2022

Post by OEW591 »

Different people, different views of the same event. At least there's concensus on the buffet!!
alanjennings

Post by alanjennings »

A good day out!! Lovely cake-only had 2 , honest!! Good to see people not seen for too long! Off to Germany soon! Also spent some money on gaskets1
Alan [Morini] Jennings
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Yes a good day, saw many that I haven’t seen since pre covid.
JARO

Post by JARO »

Post some photos because people from other countries don't know what you are writing about.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

JARO wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:23 am Post some photos because people from other countries don't know what you are writing about.
I'm sure there will be some coming soon.
FYI, it was the clubs Open Day held at the HQ at Kettering. It was a busy day to the point that the only time I managed to get away from the sales counter was for trophy hand outs for best AJS and Matchless models on the day.
I'd go as far as to say it was probably as busy as it ever has been sales wise. Attendance wise not far off. Catering was off the chart and a big thanks to Anne Randall and Marie Walker for their efforts.
rumble

Post by rumble »

OK I've taken the hint, here's a few photos..... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rumble

Post by rumble »

ajscomboman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:35 am
JARO wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:23 am Post some photos because people from other countries don't know what you are writing about.
I'm sure there will be some coming soon.
FYI, it was the clubs Open Day held at the HQ at Kettering. It was a busy day to the point that the only time I managed to get away from the sales counter was for trophy hand outs for best AJS and Matchless models on the day.
I'd go as far as to say it was probably as busy as it ever has been sales wise. Attendance wise not far off. Catering was off the chart and a big thanks to Anne Randall and Marie Walker for their efforts.
Hard at work.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Ray, you've got a nasty habit of making me look FAT! :evil: Yeah, yeah, I know if the cap fits!!! :rofl: :rofl: That was about the only time I was able to escape the sales counter. :D
OEW591

Post by OEW591 »

Rob,

It's a shame that you were kept so busy behind the counter at the open day so you coudn't get out and about to talk to the rank and file members who attended. Where was the 'Spares Supremo' mentioned in the recent Classic Bike article? Performing a 'management overview' perhaps :D . Or may be if you had more staff????? :D :D

Good to know you've regained your enthusiasm for the club again. I thought you might be stepping back from club activity having resigned as a director and having 2022 as the end date for your time in office on the Presidents' board at Kettering. I'd heard that a new president had already been earmarked by the Chairman. A case of 'better the devil you know' in the end?