AJS Cadwell Clubman.

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
raffles

Re: AJS Cadwell Clubman.

Post by raffles »

Things will get no better no matter how many times you complain. This forum is not the place to do it.
So either take it up with AJS or put it down to experiance
Tony
skydiver

Post by skydiver »

The AJS dealer knows about the brake problem....He'd "fixed" it less than two hundred kilometres previously...I was under the impression that we could state our opinion on matters about these bikes..obviously I was mistaken.
bob121

Post by bob121 »

The brakes were one of the weaknesses of alot of Chinese built bikes. Especially if fitted with anti lock valves. But they can be sorted. Sometimes there can be an issue of stiction in the caliper. Which would warrant investigation on a bike that has averaged 300 miles a year. No machine likes to be that idol. But a conversation with ajs themselves might be more productive at this point. Or not. And unfortunately, however much it cost new, it's still a budget bike. Japanese equivalents 3 years ago would have been considerably more.
spookefoote1956

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I agree with Bob. They do stick if left. On project Kate I pushed the callipers back in with a g clamp then back filled the system with a syringe.
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein