Tigers to Portugal

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
56G80S

Re: Tigers to Portugal

Post by 56G80S »

I've lost track with the codenames. Is tyhis training for joining MI 6?

Can't remember who Snow White is but did notice Lesley in one of the photos................................?

That photo of Rob is a gem. I can see why you took the Trumpets. Yes, I've covered 500 miles (well, actually 495 but it doesn't read as well) in 24 hours on the Matchless but not something I'd want to do again and certainly not at the cruising speed you can manage on your trip.

Took me 50 minutes to do the lovely 42 mile return trip from work yesterday (including stop to fill up just before arriving home, like to keep the tank full). Things looking good for being at the Jampot. Just for Dudley, re-checked and cleaned the trailer over the week-end.

Johnny B
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Now in Cees, north of Le Mans for the last leg, should be home by 5.00pm if shuttle and traffic is Ok.
Here is a photo of the entrance to the first filling station this morning, they must have known that we were coming.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Yesterday was a nightmare 430 miles in 11 hours, we arrived at hotel at 7pm only to find that they refused to acknowledge that Grumpy
( Rob) had booked any rooms.
The French Madam was rude and just walked away. By now Sneezy
(Dudley) had booked us another hotel (?) the other side of town, all rooms had three beds, that you had to move one or two to get in the bathroom (Plastic Box) or get back out the door but Grumpy felt at home. We managed to get a taxi to a Restaurant at a reasonable rate 72 Euros for 5Km, three taxis one there and two back.

Today we left sharp at 8am with only 300 miles, the first part on the route was lead by Dopey (Roy) with 200 miles in 5 hours and only 100 to go, so Grumpy took over and led the last 100 that took 3 hours. We arrived at 4.30 to find the hotel shut, guess who booked this one? but one again Sneezy came to the rescue with a quick phone call, now all settled and in the bar waiting for dinner.
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

From my experience you've been remarkably unlucky with the hotels.
I suspect that they didn't like the look of you lot.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

SPRIDDLER wrote:From my experience you've been remarkably unlucky with the hotels.
Would that be all or just some ;)
Roy
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

G15 Roy wrote:
SPRIDDLER wrote:From my experience you've been remarkably unlucky with the hotels.
Would that be all or just some ;)
That depends on which bits of you they could see. :shock:
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

We have all arrived back home safe and sound with just about 3000 miles on each clock (that is if it's still working Grumpy) Very good Trip and Rally.
Roy
REW

Post by REW »

Well done guys and thanks for the commentary - thoroughly enjoyed it! For Clive, it still goes on...
Ron

1951 Matchless G3L thumping round the Durham Dales.
56G80S

Post by 56G80S »

My turn to echo Ron! Great to read and see.

By the way Ron, took the Matchless up to Bishop to work on Monday. All Good.

Johnny B
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

The Essex Dwauves we're home about 4pm yesterday, Grumpy was last seen turning onto the M26 so hopefully he got home. Sleepy still lost in Portugal!