Tigers to Portugal

General purpose topics/chat goes in here
MikeM.

Re: Tigers to Portugal

Post by MikeM. »

Who's looking after your stall at Kempton on Saturday seeing as you have all swanned off to Portugal. Did you remember to take your spring onions with you Roy? 😎
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

alanjennings wrote:Hi Neville, how are you travelling? See you there!
Sadly not, Alan. I was going to ferry down in the motorhome with the 'Mutchless' on the trailer and then tour gently back, but as I can't get the bike on or off the trailer one-armed I didn't fancy trailering the unusable bike around Spain and France for three or four weeks after the IJR.
As it happens I haven't been able to ride more than about 40 miles at a time for the past six weeks due extreme pain in my left forefinger after using a club hammer to bash a hedgehog gateway at the bottom of my garden brick wall. After three weeks of ineffective prescribed pills and potions a fractured forefinger knuckle was finally diagnosed only on Monday this week by X-ray.
As you know, I have no use of my right arm or hand so all my riding controls are operated by my left fingers and they have to work hard.
Forefinger and index finger work the top (shorter) front disc brake lever and my ring and little fingers the clutch (lower) lever.
K lever (480x360).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Mike, we agreed with Mortons that they could re-let our pitches and credit next year, so if you are there will you let us know if it's occupied. Thanks.
Pharisee

Post by Pharisee »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
alanjennings wrote:Hi Neville, how are you travelling? See you there!
Sadly not, Alan. I was going to ferry down in the motorhome with the 'Mutchless' on the trailer and then tour gently back, but as I can't get the bike on or off the trailer one-armed I didn't fancy trailering the unusable bike around Spain and France for three or four weeks after the IJR.
As it happens I haven't been able to ride more than about 40 miles at a time for the past six weeks due extreme pain in my left forefinger after using a club hammer to bash a hedgehog gateway at the bottom of my garden brick wall. After three weeks of ineffective prescribed pills and potions a fractured forefinger knuckle was finally diagnosed only on Monday this week by X-ray.
As you know, I have no use of my right arm or hand so all my riding controls are operated by my left fingers and they have to work hard.
Forefinger and index finger work the top (shorter) front disc brake lever and my ring and little fingers the clutch (lower) lever.
K lever (480x360).jpg
Is that set-up commercially available or is it something you made yourself?
I'm from the Fens.... Gimme six.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Pharisee wrote: Is that set-up commercially available or is it something you made yourself?
Commercially made (at just over a grand) but even if I wrapped fifty £20 notes around the 'bars I still couldn't ride ;) It is a rather fine unit.
Before I learned that a commercial unit was available I and a couple of pals had several attempts to make a functional unit by modifying standard levers etc., and although they worked reasonably well it was more straightforward in the end to use a commercially approved unit as my insurers were difficult to convince.
However, I do have a rather large collection of handlebars which we modified and in various widths and numerous types of levers and cables !
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

First day of the IJR in Portugal, here are photo's of the site, motorcycles at the visit to a farm museum, the local motorcycle club members who stopped traffic at junctions and roundabouts, plus the 2 Police motorcycles who were in attendance.
There were some 47 motorcycles on the run, including other makes and the Tigers.
I have added 3 will post more later, IPad needs charge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Bravo Tigers! It's no surprise that you look very knackered.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

More photo's
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

More photo's
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

Another photo