Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Helpful information and requests for assitance and advice
SPRIDDLER

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Hmm. Tks Bill. I'll check that as well. You certainly had a thorough search! Handy for you to be able to ride hands-off I suppose. No need to stop to throw the boomerang at a 'roo to get yer dinner, or scare off the old crocs eh?
Neville

'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rohan B.

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by Rohan B. »

Bent axle should already have showed up as a front wheel either pointing not quite ahead, or leaned over a bit ?.
Can test for this quite readily with the wheel out of the frame - spin the axle, and watch that the free end on the other side does perfect circles. If it wobbles a bit, its bent.
Certainly a good candidate for what is happening though...

Folks have an interesting view of Oz !!
Swarms of bees and attack magpies are more the reality...

And reminds me of the Army training exercise in the jungle up north, where they had to live off the land. Troops were caught on camera begging sandwiches off tourists...

Rohan B.

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by Rohan B. »

A bent axle should already have shown up as a front wheel not pointing straight ahead, or leaned over to one side, or a bit of both. Easy to test for - with the front wheel out, spin the axle. Free end on other side should spin perfect circles. If it wobbles, its bent.
Certainly could explain what is happening though..

Folks there must have an interesting view of Oz.
Swarms of bees and attack magpies are more the reality of riding here. Reminds me too of the army on exercise in the jungle north, where they had to live off the land. Troops caught on camera begging sandwiches off tourists. Oops, destroyed the illusion...

Cheers,
Rohan.

Rohan B.

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by Rohan B. »

Ah, found why 1st post seemed to have disappeared.
Its called next page....

SPRIDDLER

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Stereotypes Rohan, stereotypes. Ayres Rock, Jacob's Creek and Botany Bay are about the extent of my knowledge of Oz. Bill Bryson says that Oz has more poisonous / dangerous species of animal than any other country. Still at least there's enough space to get away from them.
Nice people though, when it comes to bent axles.
Thanks

Merlin

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by Merlin »

Does that list of dangerous animals include the sheila's[:D][:D]

Chemists do it with test tubes
clive

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by clive »

Not sure if you have fixed this problem yet. Years ago I had a low speed wobble and spent hours trying to sort out problems on the front wheel. It only went when I had the rear wheel rebuilt with a new rim. It had previously had a "kick" in it following an encounter with a brick on a motorway. Any chance your rear wheel is out of true, worth checking I think. Clive

clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Wobbling at 15 to 25mph

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Thanks Clive
I'll check it out. By the time I've finished trying to solve this problem I'll have checked everything except the moisture content of the air in the tyres!
Neville