147 BGA Please help identify this model for me

Where is that old bike?
Colin F

Post by Colin F »

From the engine number this is a 1960 model 8, this was the 350cc lightweight.
My book gives engine number starting from 2237 in Sept 60 and frames from 10183 so this would indicate that yours was made in the early part of the year,
This would tie up with the registration number being issued by Glasgow in June/ July 1960
Colin F

Post by Colin F »

I assume from this that you don't have a log book (V5) for this bike? I would get in touch with Pat (Machine Dating Officer) and she can advise you what documentation you need to reclaim the original number and actually help with this as the Club is registered with the DVLC to help process claims for retention of original numbers.
Colin F

Post by Colin F »

I assume from this that you don't have a log book (V5) for this bike? I would get in touch with Pat (Machine Dating Officer) and she can advise you what documentation you need to reclaim the original number and actually help with this as the Club is registered with the DVLC to help process claims for retention of original numbers.
silverarrow

Post by silverarrow »

I suggest also that you should soon get a copy of the manual and parts list for this machine. Original copies are getting scarce but you can get reproduction copies from BMS www.brucemainsmith.com

Les Smith (silverarrow397)
Keep smiling
Colin F

Post by Colin F »

As with all these bikes there are little things that are not alway so obvious when you attempt them for the first time[:0]
If you have problems just post the queries on here, there will probably be some good natured abuse[}:)] but that will be tempered with plenty of help and support[:D]
Getting in contact with the local section will give you access to members local to you who again will be a fund of help and advice, not to mention that they probably meet in a biker friendly watering hole[xx(]