Fuel starvation

This area is for discussion/information on the "modern" AJS motorcycles manufactured in China from 2006 onwards.
spookefoote1956

Re: Fuel starvation

Post by spookefoote1956 »

I'm scared! :o :o :o :o :o
Hail Joe Lucas ............ Prince of Darkness!
All my bikes are original........ to me!
"Creativity is your intelligence having fun" Albert Einstein
clive

Post by clive »

I think the original poster may have deleted his post. The comments from others would remain.
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

clive wrote:I think the original poster may have deleted his post. The comments from others would remain.
Possibly Clive, I wondered that too. I brought it to Eamonn's attention yesterday and he said that doesn't appear to be the case but he will look into it.
It would be good to know the answer otherwise it's discouraging to take time to help owners of modern Ajays only to have them clear off without any acknowledgement.
Helping on these enquiries is difficult since to generalise, most owners seem to be newcomers to bikes/mechanical stuff and aren't able to accurately describe the problem or have the experience or the tools to apply the suggested checks or solutions.
Many appear to be youngsters (compared with most of us) and are potential new members.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
DM2

Post by DM2 »

Neither Wookie or Hughmoz1 appear in the members listing now.
39speedtwin

Post by 39speedtwin »

This fuel starvation probably caused by the fuel pump not working, I started my Tempest Scrambler for the first time today, on switching on there is a loud ticking sound very like the SU pump on my MG, it stops after about 5 seconds when the fuel reaches the injection system.
There is no tap in the system.