Kettering Headquarters

This area contains links to posts within the forum area on various topics. It's designed to help you find the answers to the most common questions about AJS and Matchless machines.
Only club members can create entries witin this area.
ajscomboman

Kettering Headquarters

Post by ajscomboman »

Please be aware that Kettering Headquarters is currently closed to all general visitors. There are also new opening hours which are from Mon - Thurs 9am till 5pm effective from 1st June till further notice.

For bike viewing we will be adopting a strict view by appointment policy starting from 8th June. Please contact the store in advance to book a time slot.
ajscomboman

Re: Kettering Headquarters

Post by ajscomboman »

Just had notification from ParcelForce. As the current overseas shipping situation is so volatile and demand is exceeding the ability to supply, all our collections will be forced upon us to Fridays!!! Therefore there will be no adjustments to opening hrs and we will continue to operate Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm.

Also due to the high volume of online orders we are receiving it is becoming almost impossible to find the man hrs to take telephone orders at the same turnaround speed. To help streamline the operation we politely ask that if at all possible all orders are placed this way. Whilst we will maintain every effort to take and process telephone orders it may take a few days for this to happen.

Going forward the same will apply to membership renewals placed by telephone. The banks are also charging more and more to process cheque payments, this eats into club funds as we have to pay the handling fees. Therefore as with spares we would like to ask for your assistance by requesting that wherever possible future fees are paid online.

Rob Swift
thornebt

Post by thornebt »

Presumably there could be a delay in despatching items? Before the virus items often arrived the following day. I ordered a speedo cable last Wednesday and it hasn't arrived yet. I should just wait for a bit longer before worrying that it might have been lost in the post? Cheers. Bruce.
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

I've just had notification from Andy, a parcel sent 6wks ago has just arrived! It only had to travel just over 50miles! This virus has caused no end of chaos! The shipping has gone through the roof, the restrictions and collection times and days are all over the place. There seems to be no set times or regions as to when and where a parcel will turn up. I had one turn up in 2 days yet another member has been waiting 4ks. Swindon has severe restrictions because of the virus and I hear Northampton depot is likely to follow suit. Northampton seemingly has 4 x 40ft containers full off yet to be delivered parcels. :headbang: :headbang:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

In my area I have had post office deliveries within a reasonable time. For many weeks only parcels were delivered on Saturdays, no letters. Vans that use to have two men delivering, had to only have one man in the van. P O & Courieres all advised due to the virus delivery times will be delayed. I guess that also applied to collections. My local shop with the PO within it, had to close when lorries delivered stock of goods. This often meant you missed a collection. So mail had to wait for collection the following day.
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

The office is now open to visitors between the hours of 09:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.

Hand sanitiser is available and face masks are to be worn (unless you are exempt) whilst inside the premises. For your safety and that of our staff, we are restricting the office to having only 2 customers at a time, please help us in keeping everyone safe.
The office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.

For bike viewing we continue with a strict view by appointment policy.
Please contact the office in advance to book a time slot.
Corners like a Lego man
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

Please note the Kettering office hours have changed.

The office is open for parts from Monday through Thursday 09:00 to 17:00 - no parts are available on Fridays, Saturdays nor Sundays (online orders are still open).

Bike sales and viewing by appointment is available from Monday through Thursday and on Saturday mornings 09:00 to 13:00. Please contact the office to book your appointment and to make sure the bike(s) are still available.

Covid controls remain in place as described in the previous entry.
Corners like a Lego man