Enquiry

josephnalkara

Enquiry

Post by josephnalkara »

Hi Friends,

Will you be having new Ajs b52 gear box gear selector
I Joe NALKARA, membership number 30998 from India

Need your advice and help,
I own a 1952AJS G-20, and while I was driving up the hill, suddenly the gear suddenly got jammed in 2nd gear which made me think of changing my gearbox rather than doing it up again!.
I thought of going back to the CP gearbox however it's found that gearbox seating is not matching as like Burman gearbox, need to know if I need to change the mounting plates or can I do some minor changes in the exiting plates.
Where can I find if I need to change the mounting plates if so

Thanks and regards
Joseph
Last edited by josephnalkara on Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clive

Re: AJS G-20

Post by clive »

I assume your bike is a Model 20. My experience is with singles and I think the CP and later GB (also called B52) gearboxes which are both Burman are pretty much interchangeable when it comes to the mounting points but it may be different on Twins.
Was your gearbox working OK previously or did this fault appear after you had done the gearbox up?
clive
if it ain't broke don't fix
josephnalkara

Re: AJS G-20

Post by josephnalkara »

Yes Clive,
my bike is AJS twin.
The machine was working perfectly fine, this happened while i was driving up hill, infact i stopped in between an up hill and shifted to 2nd gear, that time the gear selector got stuck at second gear,
Need to know is the mounting plates different for burman to CP gear box in twins
Joe