Introduction

Eamonn
Webmaster

Introduction

Post by Eamonn »

One of the basic models that AMC started after the WW2, The Model 18 and G80 are the direct descendants of the War Office Matchless which so many learned to ride in their Service days.

As time went on, improvements and model expansion also increased.
Corners like a Lego man
ma120990

Re: Introduction

Post by ma120990 »

Following on from my post for Jampots as being a weakspot (some different views here). Perhaps the intro should include Jampots as part of the intro?
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Basic review, history and buying guide for the post-war 500 single cylinder models in the Real Classic magazine archive, here:

http://www.realclassic.co.uk./ajs_match ... guide.html
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

SPRIDDLER wrote:Basic review, history and buying guide for the post-war 500 single cylinder models in the Real Classic magazine archive, here:

http://www.realclassic.co.uk./ajs_match ... guide.html
As have stated Frank Westworth former Jampot editor's magazine Classic Bike Guide did feature what its title suggests for many marques. Just price guides will now be out of date. I believe not so long ago club archivists went through all the modern magazines coping out all AMC items featured. Of course the old original magazines also featured " buyers guides " So all the info is out there, from when the bikes were new, then re done in the late 80's early 90's by FW.
ma120990

Post by ma120990 »

Looks like a good resource to pull from. I know the other bike club I am a member of has a similar listing for all the various 60's, 70's and later mopeds, they are just not in a printer friendly format. :headbang:
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Eamonn wrote:One of the basic models that AMC started after the WW2, The Model 18 and G80 are the direct descendants of the War Office Matchless which so many learned to ride in their Service days.

As time went on, improvements and model expansion also increased.
Eamonn the G80 was introduced in 1935 the model 18 AJS about the same time.