E Sussex

BrianDowning

E Sussex

Post by BrianDowning »

Anyone live in E Sussex? I'm just north of Eastbourne. Would love to meet up with other members but not sure yet how far the old bike will go!

Anyway, see you in Chiddingly in September.

Regards, Brian
ajscomboman

Re: E Sussex

Post by ajscomboman »

Brian you are a fully paid up member but your access to the forum will cease after 30 days if you don't register again. If you have issues registering as a member drop the webmaster a message webmaster@jampot.com
BrianDowning

Post by BrianDowning »

Ok, thank you for the information.

Brian
Eamonn
Webmaster

Post by Eamonn »

ajscomboman wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:57 pm Brian you are a fully paid up member but your access to the forum will cease after 30 days if you don't register again.
No need to do this Brian - you now show as a member. Carry on as before!
Corners like a Lego man
g80csp11

Post by g80csp11 »

Brian , the local section meet at the Hassock hotel ( next to station) on the 1st Wednesday of the month ( 7.30pm) so the 7th September and we would welcome you there , Also next Sunday we have a section stand down on Maderia drive for the Brighton 'Ace cafe' day , please pop along and see us we will be there from circ 8.30 - 4pm
Apologies I should have invited you to Ringer cafe this morning where we had a Brunch meet.
I will send you Pm with my detail , so we can add you to the section email list , we also have Sussex facebook page . Hope fully we can meet up before the Alternative Rally . Regards Peter Gibson (Chairman Sussex Section)
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

Hi Btian,

Following Peter's post, if you use Facebook search AJS & Matchless Owners Club (Sussex Section) .... the brackets are important, ask to join and one of us will add you.

Otherwise, we'll hopefully meet up with you at The Hassocks, The Brighton Burn up, or maybe the Ardingly show (The South of England Classic Motorcycle Show & Autojumble) on Sunday 30 October 2022

We always have a club/section stand there. It's a good day out, and there's still time to enter your bike if you wish https://www.elkpromotions.co.uk/ it's fine to bring any condition bike from a pristine restoration to a rusty wreck, just ask Roy 😉. You could always join us without bringing a bike of course.

Hope to see you soon,
Peter Morris
P.S. Are you on the section email list? If not call or text Christine 07961 417746 and she'll add you.
BrianDowning

Post by BrianDowning »

Thank you for the invites! I'm a bit concerned about the 27 mile ride to Hassocks for now. I need to try my AJS on the local roads once the V5 arrives next week. I'll definitely be at Chiddingly though!

Brian
ajscomboman

Post by ajscomboman »

Eamonn wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:36 pm
ajscomboman wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:57 pm Brian you are a fully paid up member but your access to the forum will cease after 30 days if you don't register again.
No need to do this Brian - you now show as a member. Carry on as before.

Oh, you woke up then Mr Webmaster! :beer: :beer:
Peter Morris

Post by Peter Morris »

BrianDowning wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:16 pm Thank you for the invites! I'm a bit concerned about the 27 mile ride to Hassocks for now. I need to try my AJS on the local roads once the V5 arrives next week. I'll definitely be at Chiddingly though!

Brian
You will be just as welcome if you attend Hassocks in a car, or any other make of bike, modern or old.

Christine and I usually go in a car, along with several others. We live in Surrey and it's a bit far for our aching bones on a Wednesday evening to drag a bike out.
MikeM.

Post by MikeM. »

I don't know wrong with these younger members these days, on clubnights during the light summer evenings I do a round trip to one of our club evening and 20 miles on the other on my Model 31 and I'm a middle aged member of 86. Unlike the softies from East London and Essex members I camped at this year's Jampot and with any luck I hope to do a day trip to the Alternative for the Saturday run.