New Blog

iansoady

Re: New Blog

Post by iansoady »

en7jos wrote:Found a new super quick way to resize the odd photo that is also very very easy.

Regards, James
An even easier way is to use pixresizer (free) which allows you to select the size and also to resize all the images in a directory. I have mine set up so I copy all into a specific directory on the desktop then reduce them into a subdirectory (called, imaginatively, Reduced).......

A couple of clicks and away you go.
Ian
1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

Rob Harknett wrote: So if I get a pic that refers me elsewhere, I don't go there.
Ditto.
Just don't have the time or the inclination to read blogs etc. My friends and I use the novelty electric telephone or email.
When we were riding in Spain one of my sons got a screw in his tyre and we had to delay corrective action while he posted a photograph of it on his Farcebook page. :?

The social media sites remind me of Tony Hancock's 'The Radio Ham' sketch where he chats about fascinating stuff like the weather, his health, what he had for dinner, noisy neighbours etc. to hams in Japan, Poland, Australia, USA,...........
"Ah" he says, signing off with a self-satisfied smile: "The wonders of modern technology! Friends all over the world!.......................None in this country, but friends all over the world".
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
chris1947

Post by chris1947 »

Gents,
In reply to some of your questions and comments please see below.

To see the Blog you will have to register, but this is a simple exercise, for some people, by just putting in a Username, password and confirming your age. No personal details are required and contrary to some peoples misgivings you will not be inundated with "Spam" or unsolicited mails.

The original purpose of this blog was to allow members of the Kent section to view photographs taken by its members at the various functions and meetings we attend without the need to print hard copies or send by email. it was not intended as a forum for "luddites" to express their personal opinions regarding modern day technology.
TommoT

Post by TommoT »

Hi Chris,
Nice blog and no trouble logging on. Personally, if my purpose was just to share pictures, I would have made my life easier by simply using a public folder in Dropbox, Instagram or even Facebook. But if your long term intention is to actually "blog", then your choice makes sense. Your target audience is obviously not in this forum, but my guess is you didn't expect that. Good luck with it.
TommoT

Ride Your Motorcycle As If Your Life Depended On It - Cos' It Does!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

chris1947 wrote: it was not intended as a forum for "luddites" to express their personal opinions regarding modern day technology.
Apologies, you referred to it originally as a 'BLOG' so I misunderstood its function, but now understand that it was for sharing photos, although I share mine by putting them in a public folder/album on Photobucket. Unsurprisingly, the most frequently viewed photos are the ones of me and my pals up at t'mill, smashing t'looms.
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
JimFitz

Post by JimFitz »

SPRIDDLER wrote:
chris1947 wrote: it was not intended as a forum for "luddites" to express their personal opinions regarding modern day technology.
Unsurprisingly, the most frequently viewed photos are the ones of me and my pals up at t'mill, smashing t'looms.
:rofl:

Jim
Too old to Rock and Roll but too young to die.

1952 G80 rigid, 1960 G12 DL / Watsonian Monza, 1954 G80S.
choosey2

Post by choosey2 »

Excellent Chris, I am sure it will be very beneficial to all concerned, keep up the good work ! Modern technology brilliant !
ivemy

Post by ivemy »

Hi Chris,
just to let you know jampot rally photo you put 2015 and not 2014. Great blog. Andy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Sending, making, posting attachments was better 10 years ago, when computers were slower and of much smaller memory..
At that time using Outlook Express and XP attachments were reduced to about 10% of the original, unless you chose not to.
It now needs a little more work to reduce files, but not really difficult. Large files were a problem with a slow computer, they still are a problem if using a phone.. Note now hackers are getting in these photo store sites. I prefer to use a DVD or stick, to have handy. It keeps my documents regularly backed up and min. on my computer or some one else's.
GOLDSTAR

Post by GOLDSTAR »

man from Ludditeshire here, what exactly is a 'blog'? why is it so named? kind regards :?: