Introduce myself,

Ajaydave

Introduce myself,

Post by Ajaydave »

Hi folks, Dave burn here, just joined, I,ve been looking for an ajay twin since I sold my last one in a fit of madness, on my 72nd birthday last week one popped up locally, it’s tidy but could do with a winters fettling, happy days, hope to meet up soon, D
Greybeard

Re: Introduce myself,

Post by Greybeard »

Welcome, Dave. If you want to meet up with like minded folk, the East Yorkshire Section hold their meetings on the first Wednesday of the month, 8pm at The Bell, Driffield. We have out AGM on the 6th October but November onwards it will be back to the normal format of chaos. We also have a get together at the Teapot cafe, Fimber around lunchtime each Friday (therell not be many left this year though as the cafe closes over winter so we'll be searching for an alternative venue).

Steve (Chairman)
Ajaydave

Post by Ajaydave »

Hi folks, I could do with a hand here, got brain fog, I bought a Lucas type rear light , 3 wire type, colours not matching wire wise, not sure how to wire it in, I can get tail and brake lights using wire direct from battery, but puzzled how to add existing rear brake switch,
Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

Fit the live wire feed (fused for preference) for the brake light to one terminal on the brake light switch and then take a wire from the other terminal to the bulb. The switch acts as a bridge tor the live wire supp!ying the current when its operated. The third wire on your tail unit will be an earth - you've just got to identify which :)

Steve
Wolverine70

Post by Wolverine70 »

Hi everyone does anyone know of a South Yorkshire section or is East Yorkshire the nearest if so do you have any weekend meets as I work 6 till 6 Monday to Friday TIA.
SMW
Andy G

Post by Andy G »

https://www.jampot.com/sections.asp

You don't say where you abode, but above might help
Last edited by Andy G on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling contentedly around rural Aberdeenshire
Wolverine70

Post by Wolverine70 »

Cheers Andy I live in Barnsley I notice that there is a West Yorkshire section but again it seems it is mid week for any meetings not sure if there is any weekend meets. I will try to drop them a line , cheers.
SMW