Hello from new G12 owner in Essex

duncanamps

Hello from new G12 owner in Essex

Post by duncanamps »

Hello there, we have recently bought a G12 and joined the club.

Located in mid-Essex we are looking to get out to the Jampot rally at North Weald and the club meets so we can get to know some of the other owners.

There's a classic bike rally at the Museum of Power, Langford, Essex on Sunday 9th July. We are going to take the bike down and go in as exhibitors - is anyone else in the area planning to go along with an AMC machine?

Regards,Duncan
G15 Roy

Re: Hello from new G12 owner in Essex

Post by G15 Roy »

It will nice to see a new face as most of us have old ones. :D
Roy
Rob Harknett

Post by Rob Harknett »

Have you noticed our section meetings are 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month Duncan. The Jampot rally starts Aug 13th. Giving you a very rare opportunity to attend a section meeting and Jampot rally on the same date. Perhaps even the very first club member to do so. No need to come on a bike, other ladies will be present so no need to leave the good lady at home. Check out the rally programme for Thursday evening, a very friendly social event awaits you.
I guess you meant Sunday 9th of August not July 9th. :lol: don't worry we are all suffering from faulty memory, same as us all.
duncanamps

Post by duncanamps »

Thanks folks, apologies - I did indeed mean 9th August :oops:

I will certainly come down for the Thursday and say hello, although it is unlikely to be on the bike. I've put a new rear tyre on and have managed to nip a total of three inner tubes, so the machine is laid up until I can find someone who knows what they are doing :?

See you on Thursday. I'll try and post a picture of the bike which can be there in spirit!
SPRIDDLER

Post by SPRIDDLER »

duncanamps wrote:it is unlikely to be on the bike. I've put a new rear tyre on and have managed to nip a total of three inner tubes, so the machine is laid up until I can find someone who knows what they are doing :?
Welcome, Duncan.
If you bring the wheel/rim tape/tube/tyre with you it's just possible there'll be a visitor from another section who can help ;)
(That's if you arrive before they get into the beer tent of course :roll: )
'There is a tide in the affairs of men
Which taken at the flood............'
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Looks like we may have workshop Rob S is doing a head gasket change on my 350, ;)
Roy
duncanamps

Post by duncanamps »

Thanks for all the replies (and the welcomes!) I've got a new tube from a motorbike tyre place down at Tobacco Dock today, so will try and fit extra carefully this evening, I'll be coming by car tomorrow night and leave the bike for a day or two to see if the tyre stays up.

If all is well... I'll take the G12 down on Saturday and try and find the small tent so I can have a few beers and get into the rally spirit :D
Insainwayne

Post by Insainwayne »

Hello I'm also a new member in Essex with a new to me 650.
I'm learning all about my ajs and would like to meet and ride with other members.
Thanks guys.
W nicholls
G15 Roy

Post by G15 Roy »

Essex has three sections North Essex,South East Essex and of course East London and Essex so you have a choice as your profile only says Essex.
Roy
Insainwayne

Post by Insainwayne »

Thanks I'm south essex
W nicholls