33/12 crank

Information relating to Matchless and AJS Models built prior to 1939
Tazmantic

33/12 crank

Post by Tazmantic »

Was looking at the engine today and the few bits with it, the problem I found was the drive shaft of the crank that was in the engine that had started to be rebuilt didn’t appear long enough for the sprocket and Cush drive I have. When the Spacer, sprocket and cush drive are on they are level with the end of the splines so if the nut was screwed on it would hold them tight. The shaft on one of the other engines (have 2 other but the cases are rotted away :( ) is about 7mm longer thus allowing for the cush drive to move against the spring (which I don’t have) the one that’s long enough the crank plate has the correct part numbers but the threads are knackered so I can’t use this funny thing is the other crank with the correct part numbers has a shorter shaft like the one in the engine that’s being rebuilt 🤷??? So I’m wondering what crank is in the rebuilt engine as the webs are wider and also can I get a cush drive that’s a bit shorter or do I need to find and fit a longer drive side shaft.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyday’s a learning curve.